Another connection issue...

Kingofpopcorn
Kingofpopcorn Posts: 65 Match Maker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So it seems some of us are not able to log in the game.
One more time thank you demiurge to bring us such a buggy game...

seriously you guys are really incompetents

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think this is incompetence. This is a new event that got quite a bit of hype (and starts at the same time for everyone) overwhelming the servers.

Is it ideal? Absolutely not and I'm sure Demiurge would say so. But it's not as is if this is the first online game that had server problems when launching or rolling out a big content update.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I don't think this is incompetence. This is a new event that got quite a bit of hype (and starts at the same time for everyone) overwhelming the servers.

Is it ideal? Absolutely not and I'm sure Demiurge would say so. But it's not as is if this is the first online game that had server problems when launching or rolling out a big content update.

Sad thing is, the content level is low, it's the potential players playing. icon_lol.gif
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Sad thing is, the content level is low, it's the potential players playing. icon_lol.gif

Not sure how you can call the content level low. There's a ton of new abilities, a ton of new art, a brand new type of tile, and the whole event is centered around your alliance. PLUS they added a new character. I don't think I've seen this much content in a single patch ever.
  • I planned to play this event the whole evening. Now with the crash, I decided to go to the cinema and watch the ultron movie instead.

I guess that's how marketing works.
  • Meto5000 wrote:
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Not sure how you can call the content level low. There's a ton of new abilities, a ton of new art, a brand new type of tile, and the whole event is centered around your alliance. PLUS they added a new character. I don't think I've seen this much content in a single patch ever.

having to re download the whole app each time they do a "patch" ? and then when the game loads it still downloads more stuff i hardly can call a with all honesty "patching" , bettter they ask us all to un install the game and make a clean install .
    as for ton of abilites and stuff , that's all not big of a deal , since the abilities is just hhmm , best guess , 2000 lines of code ? <500 kb >, pics , that's about 4-5 mega , and they insist that the installer is smaller now , true maybe , for the initial installer from G-play or apple store , but when the program starts , boy oh boy , guys with fast connections might not notice it , but , u can take a look later at what the game did dl to ur device .
    but, server down is a normal thing non the less , either massive load on it , or a reboot is done or even maybe a simple server side maintenance . last one i had before happened somewhere around last years end . so 5-6 months of steady log in is great .
    and they do sometimes compensate players for the down times if it affects a lot of them .
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    siebenvier wrote:
    I guess that's how marketing works.

This is how a company drives traffic to its' websites...
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

a ton of new art

Yeah the load page surprised me, I'll admit that.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    ...even browsing this website is slow due to all the traffic...
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Vhailorx wrote:

I don't understand this attitude. It's not like they have a great track record, and this is a blip on their record. This was supposed to be the blip from a shoddy record at best.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    LouK_KHB wrote:
    having to re download the whole app each time they do a "patch" ? and then when the game loads it still downloads more stuff i hardly can call a with all honesty "patching" , bettter they ask us all to un install the game and make a clean install .

That is literally the only way to update an app in at least the Android OS, if not any mobile OS. Every single patch you apply for every program on your phone/tablet is delivered by downloading the entire installer as if you were a first-time customer. That's how they system is built. Yeesh.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Vhailorx wrote:

They're probably not happy too, but the everybody does it defense doesnt fly. Every time a company fails to provide adequate server support for a game launch or a special event just makes the whole industry looks that much more negligent of it's consumers.