early Ultron thoughts

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'll add to this as I go along, but Ultron had 6700'ish HP for me when I tackled him the first time. 10% of his HP went down with my one fight. This might be doable by alliances that aren't totally full/active.

Prize opportunities for the Round 1 fight were 250/500 ISO, a "Prize Pack". I just hope it's not like regular reward nodes where after the first, you might get boned with 20 ISO.

Rewards in the Prize Pack are, potentially, nice: 10k ISO, 2900 HP, Witch, 3500 ISO, or 600 HP if you get a gold pull. I wasn't that lucky. Got Hawkeye 2*, who's already maxed on my roster.

EDIT: updating with HP info from downthread.
Scoregasms wrote:
ShionSinX wrote:
Ultron 1: 75k HP; 6k per fight
Ultron 2: 150k HP, 8k per fight
Ultron 3: 400k HP, 10k per fight
Ultron 4: 1.000k HP, 13k per fight

Three fights against each one alredy fill that round's progeressive rewards (last being 25hp).

Ultron 5: 2.000k HP, 16.5k per fight

Comments

• DFiPL
    First set of essentials: QSx2, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America. The bottom-row detonation ability from Ultron didn't seem to cause damage, so that was nice. The drop tiles were manageable.

We'll see how the essentials go.
  • DFiPL
    Essentials are wave fights, as I think we already knew. The sentries spawn attack/protect/strike tiles, but not always. I've had some turns where none spawned and some where multiples spawned.

the strongest wave node had a level descriptor approximately equal to my roster strength.
  • looks like you guys broke Ultron... LOL
    You could have at least let the rest of us hit him once! icon_e_smile.gif
  • DFiPL
    Wow. I thought I'd have to beat all five essential fights to open Ultron back up. Nope. Just one. So you could, conceivably, chain 6 straight Ultron fights by yourself if you had the health packs. Ultron, wave, Ultron, wave, Ultron, wave, Ultron, wave, Ultron, wave, Ultron.

Yeah, if the rosters are strong enough, a semi-active Alliance can do this, at least early on.
  • DFiPL
    Thamanator wrote:
    looks like you guys broke Ultron... LOL
    You could have at least let the rest of us hit him once! icon_e_smile.gif

He's broken? I just started my second Ultron fight with no issues.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    2nd fight vs Ultron - he is already showing as 0 health but Ultron Prime not unlocked - killed him 2nd time anyway no progression rewards (still iso) but Prime is still locked
  • DFiPL
    My second Ultron fight yielded 500 ISO. No 20 ISO booby prize yet, woo.
  • The majority of us can't even connect to the servers right now... all I see is the basic 5 heroics and no pvp at all. This is the same thing most people are seeing right now.

icon_cry.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    First thoughts are its a bit wank.
  • DFiPL
    Thamanator wrote:
    The majority of us can't even connect to the servers right now... all I see is the basic 5 heroics and no pvp at all. This is the same thing most people are seeing right now.

icon_cry.gif

Ugh. Hope they fix that. Two of my alliance mates are in and working on him, but I don't know if anybody else in the alliance has gotten in yet. Or even tried to.

My third Ultron takedown yields two nuggets:

1) there are still 20 ISO booby prizes.
    2) Ultron Vanilla can be Whaled. No idea yet about Ultron Prime.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Druss wrote:
    2nd fight vs Ultron - he is already showing as 0 health but Ultron Prime not unlocked - killed him 2nd time anyway no progression rewards (still iso) but Prime is still locked

That's what happened to us for awhile, took game a bit to figure out that Ultron should be dead. On the plus side, I was getting points for killing a dead Ultron again and again. On the minus side, no damage being done to the Ultron that should be there.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Thamanator wrote:
    The majority of us can't even connect to the servers right now... all I see is the basic 5 heroics and no pvp at all. This is the same thing most people are seeing right now.

icon_cry.gif

I'm not sure that "majority" is the correct term. More than 1/2 of my alliance and allies are playing with few issues. icon_e_geek.gif

But, yeah, it does stink that the servers seem to be picky right now. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Early Ultron thoughts?

You mean when I was playing and downed him and my first node? Or after, at which point my PVE, Ultron, PVP, and alliance have all vanished? icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Early returns: It would take 2-3 people to take out the first two levels of Ultron, tops. If you have all 20 members, the first two rounds are laughably easy.

Servers were really lagged for me (or down), so only got 15 minutes in, but despite those issues we unlocked level 2 with about 5 guys in the first 40 minute, and were almost half-way done with level 2 when I left, and still only had 10 guys logged in.

This might be over even quicker than I thought. Possibly before Season XIII even ends, depending on how hard the 5-8th iterations are.
  • DFiPL
    Had the same issue with Ultron at 0 but Prime not being unlocked. That appears to have resolved itself.

Also, it shows "round 2" for me now for Ultron Vanilla without having completed all of the essential nodes. It looks like I could play that without tackling Ultron Prime, if I wanted to. Might make getting all the node rewards tricky.
  • DFiPL
    Oh, duh. Ultron Prime round 2 can't be tackled until vanilla Ultron round 2 is done.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Ultron 1 had 6k HP, 2 had 8k, 3 has 10k (inside the fight node). Anyone on 4 can confirm 12k? The totals were 75k HP on 1, 150k HP on 2 and 400k on 3.

Also, try to ALWAYS fight the QS nodes around him because those have the best prizes (25HP and event token along with iso), the others have boosts and iso.

The node on Prime Ultron only opens when the previous Ultron is updated, so only when Ultron 4 shows up the third Prime node will appear. While the Ultron is at 0 health and havent updated yet you can still fight the main and extra nodes for more prizes if you want. Three fights are enough for max progression each time.

Blue sentry makes 2 crit tiles given enough special tiles; Green blows up the last 5 tiles of a column if special tiles thereshold; those two seem the most dangerous due to damage and cascades. Yellow blows up their special tiles to heal if under 50% HP; red seems to deal damage, havent found many yet.
  • DFiPL
    Looks like Ultron's health increases each round.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    GRINDY GRINDY GRINDY GRINDY
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Ultron 1 had 6k HP, 2 had 8k, 3 has 10k (inside the fight node). Anyone on 4 can confirm 12k? The totals were 75k HP on 1, 150k HP on 2 and 400k on 3.

Also, try to ALWAYS fight the QS nodes around him because those have the best prizes (25HP and event token along with iso), the others have boosts and iso.

The node on Prime Ultron only opens when the previous Ultron is updated, so only when Ultron 4 shows up the third Prime node will appear. While the Ultron is at 0 health and havent updated yet you can still fight the main and extra nodes for more prizes if you want.

Blue sentry makes 2 crit tiles given enough special tiles; Green blows up the last 5 tiles of a column if special tiles thereshold; those two seem the most dangerous due to damage and cascades. Yellow blows up their special tiles to heal if under 50% HP; red seems to deal damage, havent found many yet.

So at 6 rounds per player

1) Level 1 needs 2 people
    2) Level 2 needs 3 people
    3) Level 3 needs 7 people.

So theoretically 20 active member alliances can likely almost finish round 4 in 8 hours, if not more (because I'd swear the essentials reset when you move up a level)