Why is ISO update after Ultron event?

AnonymousMPQ
AnonymousMPQ Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I haven't leveled any of my characters in almost a month. I have about half a million isos saved for when the patched hits.

Sad about iso update timing icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's all part of the master plan.
    Honestly, I don't expect big savings waiting for the update, so I just level up people that I want to use when I want to use them.
  • I haven't leveled any of my characters in almost a month. I have about half a million isos saved for when the patched hits.

I'm assuming it's the small team/limited time/Marvel pushing for Ultron tie-in/lack of staff-resources. If they COULD have squeezed it in, I think they would have.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    dearbluey wrote:
    I haven't leveled any of my characters in almost a month. I have about half a million isos saved for when the patched hits.

I'm assuming it's the small team/limited time/Marvel pushing for Ultron tie-in/lack of staff-resources. If they COULD have squeezed it in, I think they would have.

Exactly this. With Marvel pushing their tie-ins on a strict deadline, it only makes sense from a resources point of view.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Real answer is that reducing the ISO cost isn't a high priority just something they are doing as part of the next update. Face it if all they wanted to do was reduce ISO cost they have to update the 4 base numbers (one for each of the star levels) and they are done. All ISO costs are based on calculations from those numbers.

There will doubtless be much more in the release than ISO costs (like more characters) and shops are organized around collecting many different updates into one release; it reduces QA time and the number of patches you have to write.

The fact is I'm guessing that they are probably regretting leaking that ISO costs would be reduced, because now everyone is unhappy, either complaining that they are going to do it or that they haven't done it yet. This is why you don't leak stuff like this, better to just release it and take your lumps with praise instead of with more lumps.

My guess is that they were trying to generate interest in the game by telling everyone that they won't be in ISO hell forever, they they will soon be opening ISO purgatory. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Because of deadlines.

This Marvel event/promotion is spread across multiple games and it's deadline is set in stone.

R75 on the other hand is at best part of D3 internal deadlines but clearly lower in priority. They have a limited staff so naturally things get delayed. Most people were calling for R75 to hit in May so this was to be expected.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Well I'm bummed. Too many events at once to not be leveling folks up.

I'm also sitting on 500,000+ iso8.png and would love to take my 5/5/3 Fury up to 200 from 70, maybe get SheHulk or even regular Hulk up too. But from basically nothing to those levels would be silly.