Free Roster Slots !!!

Options
It will be nice to have free roster slots for rewards..or for daily reward also imo will be good to give roster free spots .. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love this! I think its ridiculous that roster slots should cost 600HP.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Roster Slots bad. HP good.

Some people don't need or don't care about extra slots. You can always use more HP (which, also helps you buy more slots).
  • Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    madsalad wrote:
    Roster Slots bad. HP good.

Some people don't need or don't care about extra slots. You can always use more HP (which, also helps you buy more slots).

point well made. Though I think everyone agrees roster slots are way too expensive for the necessity they carry.
  • I clicked on this topic expecting a free roster slot!!!... (I knew better, yet I clicked anyway in spite of myself. Haha). I do agree however, that roster slots are increasingly becoming more expensive than Daken's trips to the dentist. Moving on...
  • Nick441234
    Options
    Problem is that you tend to need to add all the characters you get to your roster because they usually end up being part of events where you cant play them if you dont have the required character. I'd definitely prefer the free roster slots over HP because of the cost a roster slot sets you back.
  • First, I wholeheartedly agree, and with that out of the way...

AAARRRGGGHHH! You seriously thought that thread title was the best possible choice?! I think my heart stopped for a moment... icon_e_surprised.gificon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would personally take a free roster spot over HP. I only ever use my HP for roster spots, so they are one and the same for me... and my roster spots are currently 600 HP each, not the highest I've seen, but too high for the rate of character releases. I already have no spot for IM40, no spot for Elektra, no spot for SW or HulkBusterIM when they are released.

Sad face.
  • Rogan Josh wrote:
    Though I think everyone agrees roster slots are way too expensive for the necessity they carry.
    I think having to carefully manage your HP and make potentially painful decisions is an important part of the game. Also, having a deep roster is an advantage that should cost something to obtain. So I don't agree that they are "way too expensive" (I paid 800/850 to add QS) but I would like to see a max price of maybe 500 HP.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally caved and delted some 1* and 2* characters, I refused to go past 60 slots. My thought was to keep 4 1*'s, 8 2*'s then all the 3's and 4's. Then this AoU PvE hits and now I need Hawkeye....grrrr
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm inclined to disagree based on the HP costs increasing.

A free Roster slot for a player with only 5 slots is a waste since they only cost (it used to be 100, but they changed that to be a group of slots didn't they?)

For me I'm looking at 950 for my next one. That seems to penalize players with fewer roster slots more than just handing them enough HP to buy those roster slots.

Then you have the fact that some of us don't need more Roster slots, but some extra HP to buy that Kingpin cover or some tokens would be preferable.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    30097824.jpg
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love this! I think its ridiculous that roster slots should cost 600HP.

I wish they cost 600. I haven't shamed D3 with this in awhile (I should just keep it updated in my sig), let's try this again. From here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27947 , where theHappyDance was collecting data, and from the wiki here http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_Points ; this should be close. I'm curious not on individual costs, but overall costs. Here we go.

Total number of characters (since some collectors like to get them all)
    10 4*
    38 3*
    14 2*
    7 1*
    --- You need 69 roster slots to get them all.

-Roster slots you'll have: for HP you'll need (for money needed to pay for these roster slots, if you didn't earn the HP)
    -10: 450 ($5)
    -13: 900 ($20)
    -16: 1300 ($20)
    -20: 2300 ($20)
    -24: 3500 ($50)
    -28: 4900 ($50)
    -32: 6500 ($50)
    -36: 8300 ($50)
    -40: 10300 ($100) [must get here to get every 3*]
    -44: 12500 ($100)
    -48: 14900 ($100) [but you need to have at least 4-5 2* and one 1* to run DDQ/AoU, right?]
    -52: 17500 ($100)
    -56: 20300 ($105)
    -60: 23300 ($150) [Oh, and you were hoping to have all the 4*'s, right?]
    -64: 26500 ($150)
    -68: 29900 ($200)
    -72: 33500 ($250) [Are you a collector? Sorry.]

Starting with Scarlett Witch (69th character), roster slots cost 900HP each.

There you go, anyone new looking to get into the game. Here are your true buy-in costs: if you want the characters, you'll have to really pony up for the roster spots, and quickly!

When a Stark Salary can't buy all the roster slots, something is wrong - probably with both the cost of buying resources, but also the cost of roster slots. These have needed to be capped some time ago, and it is beyond comprehension at this point why this has not been addressed and fixed.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    What SnowcaTT said

So true, and with data to back it up.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    or as a reward with the ultron tokens-

but some could argue that just giving us the possibility of 1000hp in taco token like they do is better , because you know? you could do whatever you want with it and have some change left
  • Nick441234
    Options
    A roster slot should be 100HP, and thats it. All priced at 100HP.

Theres simply no way they should be getting anywhere close to the cost of a 3* cover.
  • I completely agree each and every slot should cost 100 HP.

This would make every new character release a cause for celebration and excitement, rather than the current state of anguish and backlash. 'Nuff said.