seed fights gone in PVP?

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just looked at both the Mystique and Captain America PVPs, one nearing the end of its run and the other having just started, and I've got nothing but 94-100+ fights awaiting me.

Are seed fights just a thing of the past then?

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it might be to do with not having the game open when the event starts. If you join a time slice that opens in a couple of hours, and leave the game running, I think you get the seed teams.

I'm impatient, wanting to get the 120 points I need for the 10-pack, so in First Avenger I just joined the open slice 1, chose a target, lost to the fiery cascades of hell. Frell.
  • DFiPL wrote:

You may well be right. I usually jump into any PvP and the first 3 - 6 matches are the same typical matches. This time no seed teams, as you put it, so I just gave up. I usually play all PvPs to around 3-400 points just to at least earn the event token and/or the 25 HP. Not any more I guess!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL wrote:

You may well be right. I usually jump into any PvP and the first 3 - 6 matches are the same typical matches. This time no seed teams, as you put it, so I just gave up. I usually play all PvPs to around 3-400 points just to at least earn the event token and/or the 25 HP. Not any more I guess!

Yeah. I mean, I don't get as many as '6' anymore. For a while it was anywhere from 3-12 teams low-level enough that I could win the fight without too much sweat, to build a platform to reach 3-400. Then a bit ago it started being 3 seed teams and the rest at 94+. This time, I noticed both the one nearly over and the one just beginning had no seed teams. I got enough points out of them to reach 1800 for the season (I'd wanted to reach 3000 this season, but didn't really feel like putting in 50%+ more time to reach the same 3-400 points as I'd been getting), and called it good.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Didn't have seeds in either both the QS and the current Mystique PvP.
    Previously it didn't matter when you joined, there were always 3 seed fights.
    Permanent change?
  • DFiPL
    That's what I'm wondering. Lightning rounds, if I don't start them immediately, no seed teams; regular PVP, until these last two, always had seed teams regardless of when I joined.

The PVP simulator didn't have any seed teams for me this season. It was all 94+ as soon as I poked my head in (which is another reason I didn't get to 3000).

My mobile roster didn't get any seed teams either. Just a bunch of 40-50s (which is probably about right in terms of comparability to my roster).

Interesting.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, Seed teams are gone for everyone.
  • bdksni1
    bdksni1 Posts: 103
    Not quite.. If you pre join (regular pvp) or check the preview rewards tab (lightning rounds) before even starts you will get seed teams. Even if you don't start LR as soon as it begins if you had done this procedure before you will get at least 3seed teams.
  • RyanL24
    RyanL24 Posts: 54
    It's a little frustrating. I could always get the 300 for the token, and usually 400 for the HP. I haven't quite been able to hit 100 in Identity Theft. I made it to 99, lol, but then I lost. And then I was attacked a bunch of times. For the first time since I started playing (256 days ago) I am not going to be able to get the Heroic 10 Pack this season.

Are we having fun yet? icon_neutral.gif
  • Just started LCap PvP and had no seed teams, but it wouldnt be a problem if the next 20 skips only had also 270s
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, I noticed when I joined the LCap pvp that I started with maxed 3* teams immediately. I could barely make 100pts on that event. Pretty irritating.
  • I can beat some 166s, but not all. And 270s and 200+ LCaps make packs a must right off the bat, its terrible.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    pouring one out for my homies

bacon magic
    kicksthatkick
    too many pants

mfxzbhxkwyzn7vyijjag.jpg
  • Oh man, too_many_pants will be missed.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 663 Critical Contributor
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Oh man, too_many_pants will be missed.
    Didn't he make a thread about why he's quitting MPQ?
  • He's been gone for a while, but I'll always miss freer@ngec@ge the most.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Oh man, too_many_pants will be missed.
    Didn't he make a thread about why he's quitting MPQ?

He and pyromantic both.
  • DFiPL
    pre-joined Earth's mightiest and had some seed teams, but it went 0-166 after a few of those. Nothing in between.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I also have no seed teams. And every starting node was a 166 wall. I don't even have a single 166 character and have to fight maxed teams from very beginning. This is sick...

PvP became much harder in the last weeks - this is really depressing :/