Sticky Boosts

Legasher
Legasher Posts: 67 Match Maker
I would really like it if the boosts section wasn't "sticky." I love the random entry of the team-ups in empty spots, because I always hoarded them before and was bummed that I didn't use them when I could have. But now I tend to fly through that section. I know it's my fault, but it bums me out when I use 12 of my critical tile boosts because I wanted them for one match and forgot to go in and turn them off manually for the next three matches. Even if I remember, it doesn't take long, but it's still annoying to have to manually remove them one-by-one. I think I've only once wanted the same boost more than one match in a row.

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    There was a time in PvP that stacking boosts were a key part of the Shield Hopping strategy (especially with pre-nerf Sentry). That said with the changes to boosts, health, & shielding, I'm not sure that is true anymore.

While I personally never shield hopped, word around here is that more than 1-2 matches is often too many to safely attempt. I think we need to get the opinion of someone who actively tries to Shield Hop now how that would affect them.

Though considering all the efforts the Devs have put into preventing shield hopping, I wouldn't be surprised that Sticky Boosts disappear at some point.