Time to Do Away with Multiple "Covers" for Each Character?

jobob
jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
edited December 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I get the idea behind making leveling up a single character slower-paced... but with the number of characters out there now, it becomes increasingly difficult to get that one specific cover for that one specific character. It's really, really frustrating to have to sell an Invisible Woman blue (for a measly 1,000 ISO, but don't get me started) for the THIRD time when I still don't have a yellow.

At this point, I think it's time to do away with the 3 separate covers for each character. Just have one cover, that we can use to upgrade each of the 3 powers.

This helps both veterans (who are probably missing only a few specific covers) and newbies (who are trying to make their 3* and 4* usable as quickly as possible) so everybody wins. Also, there is a lot of unhappiness with a large segment of veterans right now (based anecdotally on my perusing of the forum)... I think this would go a long way toward fostering some goodwill.

This is a really fun game, thanks again D3 for the work.

Comments

• Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I like this Idea, instead of separate covers they should release neutral covers which in turn can be morphed into the respective power for that particular char.

Hell, with the upcoming Hood yellowflag.png a couple of days from now I wouldn't mind turning it into a blue cover instead of 500 iso points <_<
  • Legasher
    Legasher Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I agree with this sentiment. Maybe have the cover "Roll" a color when applied to the character. For example, icon_kingpin.png at 1/1/1, you get a basic icon_kingpin.png cover. You go to the roster and click "train," it rolls blackflag.png and he is 2/1/1. You have icon_professorx.png at 5/4/4. You get a new cover and press "train," it rolls off between purpleflag.png and yellowflag.png and comes up yellowflag.png. If you don't want to lower one of the other two, you cancel, but the cover stays flagged yellowflag.png. I am pretty new, about a month and a half, and I'm having this issue with a couple of my level twos. I've gotten 6 blackflag.png 2* icon_ms_marvel.png in a row, but I need red, which is at 2, to fully level her. It's pretty frustrating.
  • Agreed. What is even the point of the level 15 thor or cap for example if they are the same exact skill set but with a **** level and rarity? Seems really lazy.
  • jobob
    With the addition of 5* characters... I would really, really like to see this. It's hard enough to get a 5* cover. But forcing me to get the right combination of all 3 covers (each of which you currently have a 99% chance of NOT getting with each Legendary) just seems cruel.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I really like the roll suggestion.

You might not get the cover you most want, but your character will get better and you will have a sense of progression.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Oooh, interesting.

I like the feeling of getting the exact cover I want (Christmas!), but I don't think it's worth it to wade through the other feelings of sadness and anger (Mondays!) when I have to sell the 6th (or 10th) cover on my 5/0/0 character. icon_neutral.gif

The roll is a nice way to balance it. Also, I would take my second choice cover as opposed to the minimal 500-1000 Iso, which I could mine in one battle.
  • jobob
    I love the idea of the "Roll"

It keeps some level of luck/randomness in, but avoids giving you useless covers! I would be 100% on board with this model!