ISO Clarification before huge PVE event(s)

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I realize this has been brought up a few times and I am unsure if this has been answered. Besides knowing that the patch for ISO reduction at earlier levels is coming 5/1 or soon after, I/we would like some clarification on what the ISO reduction is before the big Age of Ultron event. I am sure we'll need to have much roster diversity for the back-to-back new events to take down Ultron.

What is the maximum level you can reach before the ISO cost is the same as now?
For instance, is it level 80, 94, 105, etc? Right now I have a level 80 Steve Rogers that I just got a lot of covers for. I would like to level him up. If the threshold is level 80 then I'll level him but if it's let's say, 105 then maybe I'll wait.

Is it a significant amount compared to what it costs in ISO now?
I have plenty of fully covered level 40 characters that I would level (especially after the 'buffs') such as Beast, She Hulk and Captain Marvel. Is the ISO cost cut by 25%, 50%? If the reduced ISO isn't significant then I'll just start leveling now to make use of them.

At least give us some kind of an idea, I would like to be fully prepared for this event. I am really excited to see what you have in store for us with this new AoU event.

Comments

• d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    I'd like clarification on this as well - I've stopped leveling anyone and am just hoarding ISO at this point. I guess my question boils down to one thing: will the total cost for leveling a given character to maximum stay the same as it is today or will it be different in the post R75 world?
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    d0nk3y wrote:
    I'd like clarification on this as well - I've stopped leveling anyone and am just hoarding ISO at this point. I guess my question boils down to one thing: will the total cost for leveling a given character to maximum stay the same as it is today or will it be different in the post R75 world?
    I think will answered that before the dev's exodus from the forum. The cost for a single higher level will not go up, cost for lower levels will go down so the total cost should be less
  • I just saw this in the Marvel article about SW:
    5537ac8e4d6ac.jpg

They showed the ISO cost from 40 to 41 is only 31 ISO, currently is 94. ~66% reduced cost is a LOT.
  • I hope to have this answered as well, I've been holding back as I want to bring 4 characters from 135-166, not sure if I should do it now or wait. Just worried it will be more expensive in the new patch

I guess there will be an advanced PSA advising this before R75 is out... RIGHT?
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Great find Shion!

Looks like ISO will take you 3 x farther at low levels. Hopefully it holds til at least 115 or so.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27384&start=60#p332771
    Problem is what happens to your level 100ish guys. Did the cost to raise them just increase?

No! They will cost the same or less. Again the numbers aren't final, so I can't share them right now, but we absolutely will not make any level up costs more expensive.

So the overall cost should get a little lower. Question is how much of that will be at the levels 100+...
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Don't level any star.pngstar.pngstar.png until after the update - you won't lose anything that way!
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Is the new leveling cost already alive?
    There was some update (on Android) yesterday, but to be honest I can't see any difference in costs.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    ShionSinX wrote:
    I just saw this in the Marvel article about SW:
    5537ac8e4d6ac.jpg

They showed the ISO cost from 40 to 41 is only 31 ISO, currently is 94. ~66% reduced cost is a LOT.
    Good find! But I doubt the reduction is applied to all levels. From what was announced, I believe the lower levels get more reduction % wise than higher levels.
  • Punisher5784
    ShionSinX wrote:
    I just saw this in the Marvel article about SW:
    5537ac8e4d6ac.jpg

Awesome catch! I saw the SW picture yesterday too but I did not think about looking at her cost to level up. Only 40 ISO for a level at level 40.. maybe each level is only 1 ISO up to.. 94? I'm definitely leveling that wonderful level 40 fully covered Beast and She Hulk now for cheap.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    hexad_2808 wrote:
    I hope to have this answered as well, I've been holding back as I want to bring 4 characters from 135-166, not sure if I should do it now or wait. Just worried it will be more expensive in the new patch

I guess there will be an advanced PSA advising this before R75 is out... RIGHT?

It will NOT be more expensive to go from 135-166 in R75. Will stated that the cost for levels will NOT go up, so if any given level is less than it was before....the cost will go down. The question is only how much, and would you get better use out of them if you raised them now.
  • Punisher5784
    Apparently we are in to win a load of ISO gain during this new event. I wish they could have given us more details on the ISO level decrease but they seem to be working hard on this Ultron event. It looks different and fresh enough. I have 250k ISO right now, I'll probably gain another 100k from this event.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    It will NOT be more expensive to go from 135-166 in R75. Will stated that the cost for levels will NOT go up, so if any given level is less than it was before....the cost will go down. The question is only how much, and would you get better use out of them if you raised them now.
    Just wanted to be sure, it will NOT be the same cost from 40 to 166, but lower from 40 to 135 and then catch up with the current values?