Ultron event = Alliance only?

TheWerebison
TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Most of the stuff I'm hearing makes it sound like you need an Alliance for this event. Now, I'm a notorious wallflower and haven't joined one yet. I have one that I started for my roommate's kids, but they don't play anymore. I'm wondering if I need to get in a better Alliance or I'll miss out on the new characters completely...

Comments

• Probly not completely due to tokens having chances do give her, but looks like a feature to be done in a much easier way with an alliance as it will be 20 guys beating a defenseless robot over and over. Maybe not defenseless but well.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want to play the event, you need to join an alliance. You better look for one with members similar level / ranking as you .
  • viewforum.php?f=16 go there and you should be able to find an alliance icon_e_smile.gif lots of people looking for players all the time.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I was Alliance-free for a very long time, because I don't like the peer-pressure that comes with them.

If you are like me, my suggestion is to join a public Alliance today, but leave immediately if the Alliance chat is annoying ("More points everybody!"). After that, try another one. It took me 3 or 4 tries to find a T250 Alliance that is very chill and fun to chat with. There may be some T100 Alliances like this, but I think they will be too hard to find by the start of the Ultron Event.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was Alliance-free for a very long time, because I don't like the peer-pressure that comes with them.

If you are like me, my suggestion is to join a public Alliance today, but leave immediately if the Alliance chat is annoying ("More points everybody!"). After that, try another one. It took me 3 or 4 tries to find a T250 Alliance that is very chill and fun to chat with. There may be some T100 Alliances like this, but I think they will be too hard to find by the start of the Ultron Event.

I tried the public route and it didn't work for me, bounced through about 5 of them before posting in the alliance wanted thread. Just be honest about how much you play, what your avg scores are and someone will pick you up.
  • I guess I'll have to leave my alliance and find a new one. I doubt my top 10,000 alliance will do any good in this event icon_e_sad.gif