Hulkbuster PvE request

Options
simonsez
simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'd like to make two requests for the upcoming Hulkbuster PvE:

1) Assuming he'll be a 4*, please set the rank awards the SAME WAY as for 3* releases. You've relented on the alliance award. No good reason not to do the same for the individual awards.

2) MAKE THE EVENT PLAYABLE FOR EVERYONE. In other words, don't make it like Sim. Don't give me lv395 nodes after taking away every tool I used to "earn" those ridiculous difficulty levels.

Comments

• elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3) dont make it so we need to grind for hours at the end of subs
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4. Don't make the progression ridiculously high, preventing those that get scaled out of the event (from broken scaling) from reaching it. Remember you increased refresh rate to 8 hours, you increased Health of characters making matches take longer and cause more damage, and you have ridiculously scaled nodes for extremely low point values.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4) If you do keep the 1/5/10/50/150 reward structure, if the 51-150 reward is Daredevil blue again I will track you all down and deliver dramatic readings from the “best” of Frank Miller.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    By this point, the PVE is written and there will not be any way we can get it changed, unfortunately, it will be what it is... Who knows, maybe it will rock for all of us! It sounds like they are trying to draw in new players, what better way then to make a 4* very easy to get.

Let's see how it is before we ask for a change that may not even be needed.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    By this point, the PVE is written and there will not be any way we can get it changed, unfortunately, it will be what it is... Who knows, maybe it will rock for all of us! It sounds like they are trying to draw in new players, what better way then to make a 4* very easy to get.

On Kingping PvE they changed the reward from top 50 to top 100 alliances mid-event.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

On Kingping PvE they changed the reward from top 50 to top 100 alliances mid-event.

Good info, hopefully they read our replies and let us all get a USABLE 4*
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4) If you do keep the 1/5/10/50/150 reward structure, if the 51-150 reward is Daredevil blue again I will track you all down and deliver dramatic readings from the “best” of Frank Miller.

I'M THE TINYKITTY BATMAN.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Good info, hopefully they read our replies and let us all get a USABLE 4*

They are all usable.

If it is powerful, however, they'll wait 91 days until after most have bought covers, and then nerf it (giving 90 days of refunds, of course).
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Because both Scarlet Witch and Hulkbuster will be released via the Ultron Event, it is my expectation that it will be non-competitive.

Meaning, that if you and your Alliance "win" you get X number of covers. I assume up to 3 total for the character.

Now, this is my hope. And from reading the release on the Marvel site that is the feeling I got.

You aren't competing against other Alliances for rewards. Just the mechanics of the event.

I really, really hope this is how it works.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:
    Because both Scarlet Witch and Hulkbuster will be released via the Ultron Event, it is my expectation that it will be non-competitive.

Meaning, that if you and your Alliance "win" you get X number of covers. I assume up to 3 total for the character.

Now, this is my hope. And from reading the release on the Marvel site that is the feeling I got.

You aren't competing against other Alliances for rewards. Just the mechanics of the event.

This bodes well for the future of the game, a new type of PVE, non-competitive features... Hopefully instanced PVE's are coming.
  • Nellobee wrote:

Oh there you are.
  • 6.) Perhaps a stretch at this late time, but possibly more than 20 ISO for some pretty (relatively) lengthy matches?

Oh, and non-competitive would be nirvana! icon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,225 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:

but also a new set of mechanics altogether. Players will be tasked with working with the rest of their Alliance members to take down Hank Pym’s most dangerous creation. Upon entering the mission, they’ll face off against Ultron and attempt to take him down. Dealing damage to him will take down his overall health, which all Alliance members will be helping to do as well. But, after a battle, he’ll go off and repair for round two—or three, or four. There’ll be a timer that will decrease on its own representing when the player can fight Ultron again. At this point, it’s time for a rush of Sentries to attack, represented by multiple nodes that each use different Avengers as essential characters. Defeating these waves of Sentries will reduce the timer on the Ultron battle and get him back into the fight quicker
    ========================================================================================================

could see major problems with this, if its based on how many people in a team fight them to make them show back up faster teams with only 10 memebers could say its not fair teams with 20 memebers get them back twice as fast--- or if someone dont want to join a team

Once Ultron has been defeated through the efforts of the players and their Alliance, the real battle begins against Ultron Prime. Ultron has upgraded his systems and become a much more dangerous foe. These battles will test the mettle of any player, with the very powerful Ultron Prime flanked by more powerful Sentries. However, the prizes for these battles are great, with special Prize Pack tokens that give a chance at large amounts of Iso-8 and Hero Points to power up the team, along with an increased chance at earning the mistress of chaos magic herself, Scarlet Witch.

going to be very interesting to see how this is ran... two different PVE at once or the ULTRON will just be a stage by itself .. Cant wait till friday
  • 6.) Perhaps a stretch at this late time, but possibly more than 20 ISO for some pretty (relatively) lengthy matches?

DBC

Like a Alliance Gauntlet. You depend solely on your team-mates to defeat Ultron and get the rewards.
  • Rafaelmsb wrote:
    6.) Perhaps a stretch at this late time, but possibly more than 20 ISO for some pretty (relatively) lengthy matches?

DBC

Like a Alliance Gauntlet. You depend solely on your team-mates to defeat Ultron and get the rewards.
    YES, instead of depending on other people grinding all the event like regular PvE. Doing yourself is OK, you do if you want, but having to depend on another people grind makes it bad.
  • cosm0naut
    cosm0naut Posts: 34
    Options
    Nellobee wrote:

DAMN YOU AND YOUR LEMONADE!
  • Rafaelmsb wrote:
    6.) Perhaps a stretch at this late time, but possibly more than 20 ISO for some pretty (relatively) lengthy matches?

DBC

I'm imagining a co-operative type of event, where alliances pretend that they all belong to a group of mutated "super-people," and they form a group dedicated to fighting a common evil as a team... I know this sounds far-fetched and unlike anything the world has ever seen, buuut...

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Rafaelmsb wrote:

DBC

I'm imagining a co-operative type of event, where alliances pretend that they all belong to a group of mutated "super-people," and they form a group dedicated to fighting a common evil as a team... I know this sounds far-fetched and unlike anything the world has ever seen, buuut...

DBC

Omg they should so call it the Defenders! or Avengers, or something like that.. maybe Justice League? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Rafaelmsb wrote:

DBC

DBC

Omg they should so call it the Defenders! or Avengers, or something like that.. maybe Justice League? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Well sure! I mean, if anything like that existed, those would be fine names! icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Those are all way too unrealistic. How about the Super Buddies?