Animation for passive skills

Voltemuse
Voltemuse Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi there
Passive skills tend to trigger quite often. Especially those of pvp featured toons. As passive skills tend to develop there is more and more time spent just watching them ininstead pf matching 3 Gems.

For instance in the Quicksilver pvp we see very often the blue skill. And it is itchy at the end.

I want to suggst the devs to make very quick passive skills animations. Especially those which trigger very often. The passive part of the pink skill of Dr Doom is very acceptable.

I hope it will help to improve our game experience.
Voltemuse.

Comments

• Yeah, seeing both quicksilvers doing their animation kinda got tedious and ironically made everything feel sluggish
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the animation happening once per turn or per match per player would be sufficient. The rest of the time it happens it could just be the text that it's happening. Then again, a lot of the people on the forums are vets that know what is happening every turn and this may confuse the new players.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    yeah, Daken vs Daken is annoying as anything between matching green, both generating strike tiles, then the healing and heat, then if either one does his Chemical reaction...

Luke cage generating his protect tile, over and over, IF generating his attack tile over and over, yeah, I hear you.
  • I wouldn't have problems with passives if they didn't block the screen. I don't know how many times I tried to press character icon and select power to launch by reflex but game went 'nope, you gotta know that your Patch just healed!'.
  • A little check box pre-match to disable them would even work
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nivrax wrote:
    I wouldn't have problems with passives if they didn't block the screen. I don't know how many times I tried to press character icon and select power to launch by reflex but game went 'nope, you gotta know that your Patch just healed!'.
    I hate it when i see a match 5 I want to do that the AI just set up, and I touch the screen to move the jewel, but because of the animation it doesn't register my touch until after the animation and it moves the wrong tile, creating a match 3 instead... icon_e_confused.gif