What does strike tiles do?

dfields3710
dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I'm 2* player though I have blade 1/1/0 and iron fist 1/1/1 and I wanted to ask. What do strike tiles do? I was using them on a team with 2Daken and iron fists' exquisite technique was seriously amplified to about 350 a turn. At first I thought it was just my hit damage added up but then I noticed the hit damage fades away then the attack tile takes effect. Can somebody explain this to me.

Also when rocket and Groot do there green power, why is it that you don't even have to match a strike til do deal super damage?

Thx for reading and commenting.

Comments

• strike.png increase damage of all damaging events by the value of the strike.png

For example: You have 110 in Strike tiles, you make a match 3 that normally does about 60 damage, it does 170 damage.
    Example 2: You have 110 in Strike tiles, and you make a match using OBW and Espionage kicks in for bonus damage, initial match does 170 and espionage damage is increased by 110 as well.
    Example 3: You have Iron Fist out with an attack.png along with your OBW above and 110 in Strike Tiles. You do 170 damage for the match 3, Espionage +110 for OBW's power, and attack.png + 110 for IF's Black power.

Basically Strike tiles make everything more awesome.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    If you click on the strike tile it will outline the amount of damage it will add to any attack. This applies to match damage and powers. That is why hulk bombing works so well. Patch adds roughly 1000 damage for strike tiles. Then every hulk anger does 1600+ damage plus cascade damage to another team.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Just to clarify ever so slightly on the interaction between OBW's Espionage and strike tiles. The additional Espionage damage (at 4-5 covers) procs your strike tiles in addition to the damage done by the initial match (so it essentially doubles the damage done).

Grocket's Blammo power (which is their green power) doesn't have anything to do with strike tiles, although it's amplified by strike tiles, so I'm a little unclear as to what you're asking. Blammo deals damage per tile destroyed. It does ramp up with the amount of green AP stored, though, so you can supercharge it.
  • dfields3710
    dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    morph3us wrote:
    Just to clarify ever so slightly on the interaction between OBW's Espionage and strike tiles. The additional Espionage damage (at 4-5 covers) procs your strike tiles in addition to the damage done by the initial match (so it essentially doubles the damage done).

Grocket's Blammo power (which is their green power) doesn't have anything to do with strike tiles, although it's amplified by strike tiles, so I'm a little unclear as to what you're asking. Blammo deals damage per tile destroyed. It does ramp up with the amount of green AP stored, though, so you can supercharge it.

Sorry I meant their I got a plan power and one more question. Is the 552 strike tile sentry produce the reason everybody prefer 5 covers in yellow?
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I Gotta Plan doesn't do any direct damage. It just generates four fairly beefy strike tiles (over 1K damage at max levels/covers). The damage that you're seeing is probably generated from lucky matches occurring when the I Gotta Plan countdown tile ticks down and disappears, dropping the tiles above down one row (which then proc the additional Strike tile damage).

The reason why people prefer five covers in Sentry yellow is that he makes a pretty hefty strike tile from it, and it synergises well with both Supernova and World Rupture (and anyone else you want to bring to the party). World Rupture itself has fallen out of favour, since it costs too much to fire off, and takes too long to proc, post rebalancing.
  • A couple notes: some tiles deal damage on the START of the turn and not at the END, like Torch's green power and Elektra red, so if you have a regular Attack tile which deals damage at the end of the turn (in this case its easier done by Torch as he also has attack tiles on his black power) you will have the increase of the strike tiles THRICE per round: tile at start of turn, match damage, attack tile at end of turn.

And that no matter how many tiles a power destroys or how many attack tiles you have, each instance will only proc the extra damage from strike tiles once. So if you have Storm using her black and fill the board with attack tiles, they will deal the summed damage + strike tiles damage, as if they all were (and in fact work as) only one attack. The powers do the same, even if you destroy multiple tiles at same time it counts only as one damage source, so destroying 1 or 30 tiles will only proc strike tiles once.
  • Gordzilla
    Gordzilla Posts: 20
    And this is precisely why I love the forums here. Who's says we aren't nice to one another.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of the biggest differences to note is that Strike tiles need damage to be done in order for them to be used. When you are fighting goons, and they generate enemystrike.png , unless they actually produce an attack that does damage or a CD tile disappears causing a match, those strike tiles do nothing.

An Attack tile attack.png will cause damage regardless if the board is moved by the AI or not, because it's turn based, not responding to damage, essentially collateral damage, like bleeding, hailstorm that is still continuing, even if the team that generated the attack tile is stunned.
  • How could I forget about somethig like this?!

Strike tiles deal damage during an attack/power/anything that destroys them too. So Daken blue that destroys your own strike tiles deal increased damage for them too, as if they were destroyed after and not before/during the attack. Matching your own strike tiles for AP will deal increased damage on that match and no further as they will cease exist after.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Thanks to the community for answering the question so well.
    low five?
    low%2Bfive.jpg