insulted

I've always been just behind the curve. I tried to build spiderman before they nerfed him. Same with mags. I was working on sentry when they nerfed him. Never got to try the sentry bomb. Just got my xforce to 4/3/2 right before the nerf. I'm not sure how to play this game any more. Every time I build a meta strategy it gets nerfed. Been thinking about putting HP into Luke cage but I know if I do they will nerf him. I've lost almost my whole alliance to rage quitting. I'm not sure if I want to play anymore. What do you guys suggest?

Comments

• danae
    danae Posts: 101
    If you don't enjoy playing the game anymore, there's so many other things that can take up your time.

I don't get the relevance of the thread title.
  • Well, for one thing, don't EVER buy covers. It's pretty much guaranteed that you'll regret it sooner or later. Either they'll get changed or a pvp with them as the reward will start or you'll get them from a random token 2 days later. It's not worth the cost at all.

Also don't give up on X-Force completely just yet. I've been continuing to use him anyway and while he's definitely taken a step down, he's still pretty nasty, just like CMagneto is still pretty nasty even after his nerf. He's definitely still very dangerous, just in a slower way without his cheap green. Maybe consider leveling up someone that creates black to work with him next?
  • Stop chasing unbalanced mechanics after it's became well known?
  • I agree with don't buy covers. Every time I have I get disappointed with a nerf and feel like I wasted HP.
  • I guess the question then becomes what to spend HP on. I suppose it may be best to spend them on mediocre characters you can assume won't be nerfed
  • By the way danae I never said I don't enjoy this s game. I love this game dearly. Been playing close to a year through endless changes. Its like being cheated on by one of you love. You still love them but the question is how to progress and make the relationship better. Never give up on love. Please stay off my thread if you have nothing to contribute
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Hi Friend, I'm at day 340, and worked my **** off to get my X-Force to 5/3/2, was about to plump down the HP for the last two black, but was saved by someone who broke out the nerf news on the forums one day before it was announced (btw thanks, the guy who wrote about the final nail in the coffin, I think was Jonny1Punch?). It took 3 PVE top finishes and 1 1k finish in PVP, plus some token draws, so it was quite some work put in as well.

Like yourself, and I believe many players in our day count, I missed the Ragnarok ride, the Spiderman ride, the Magneto ride, Sentry bombing, and now X-Force. Sure it felt sour to be chasing the Meta, only for it to pass you by just when you're about to join the ride, and while others have had their fill and ready to move to the next one. I even wrote a similar post before. I had always thought chasing the next overpowered guy will get me into the (then) 3* transition, then 4* transition. What I did not realise was while chasing, I have already transitioned to 3*. The chase itself pulled me along and my roster improved, with or without that OP guy. I can now reliably hit 1k in PVP using various 3* combinations with a good hop plan. Maybe I do not share the same feeling of insult because I have an ok team to rely on now, but I feel because of the fact that the game allows me to get to my ok team today without having any OP guy, it is not as broken as many make it out to be.
  • There are many calling it quits, which should mean there are going to be lots of openings in top tier alliances for those looking at this change as an opportunity. If you are going to keep playing you should do fine moving forward. All you have to do is just that, keep playing.
  • Dale67 wrote:
    I guess the question then becomes what to spend HP on. I suppose it may be best to spend them on mediocre characters you can assume won't be nerfed

why would you...ugh. well, good luck....
  • Thank you for the post ballingbees. I'm also hoping as my 3* roster grows that I can climb just by putting together different teams of 3*s. I just feel that as I build maxed 3*s that I should start focusing on 4*s. Am I wrong? If I build 4*s then where to spend my HP? I think you may be right in the answer being don't focus on 4*s and continue to build my 3* roster. Thank you for your post.
  • For diversity ralstonator. That seems to be the goal of the devs
  • I think I will go back to spending HP on 3*s over 4*s. If I can expand my max 3* roster from half a dozen to over a dozen I think that may be the course. I thought 4*s the way to go but surely 4*s will be endlessly nerfed. $h!7 they still nerf 2*s!
  • Yes, just...why do you have to immediately spend the HP on covers? It's a huge waste of HP. You can buy enough shields to win AT LEAST 1 3 star cover in EACH PVP for a fraction of the cost of buying a single one.

I mean if you can afford it and that's what you really wanna do, go for it. Just sayin. It's not very cost efficient.
  • Ralstinator, that's what I used to focus on but my time has become limited. 1000 points in PvP is time away from work and family. I used to prioritize this game game but after all my alliance left due to rage quitting I don't feel like this game deserves that kind of commitment any more. I built an alliance to the border of being top 100 and lost people that I had built a relationship wirh. Now I'm disheartened. You have to build up an alliance and watch it crumble to understand. I won't quit like the friends I built playing this game but the game has changed. I just don't know if I can keep rebuilding time and time again.I've thought about leaving the alliance I've built for 10 months. I've lost pride. Put yourself in my shoes
  • If you are going to keep playing you should do fine moving forward. All you have to do is just that, keep playing.
    idk if i did that quote thing right but Id put $100 on Cryptobrancus works for D3. Hes either the smartest guy on this forum cuz he knows the future or its just his bad opinion cuz NO ONE can tell the future. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice cuz i took bad advice off a forum, shame on me. Based on their actions an not a crystal ball, I dont trust D3 an what the future holds. They maybe right or wrong about these changes improving the game, but IMO, they've shown no concern over the players which is not a sound business practice. I know history repeats an these geniuses aren't going to be mistake proof from here on out. Hell, we dont know if the current changes aren't a mistake yet. To me, what most likely won't change is there lack of respect for the player. Im not supporting anyone that doesn't care about me an the rest of their players. They can only fail that way. Again, imo.
  • Dale67 wrote:
    Ralstinator, that's what I used to focus on but my time has become limited. 1000 points in PvP is time away from work and family. I used to prioritize this game game but after all my alliance left due to rage quitting I don't feel like this game deserves that kind of commitment any more. I built an alliance to the border of being top 100 and lost people that I had built a relationship wirh. Now I'm disheartened. You have to build up an alliance and watch it crumble to understand. I won't quit like the friends I built playing this game but the game has changed. I just don't know if I can keep rebuilding time and time again.I've thought about leaving the alliance I've built for 10 months. I've lost pride. Put yourself in my shoes

I have helped run a top 100 alliance for almost a year. One with insane former commanders who I had to fight every step of the way to get things done and get people to shape up. Only one other person is left besides me that was there when I first joined. I've watched it crumble and I even quit for a few days once and joined another alliance. 2 days later I said **** that and went back in there and fixed everything, filled all the empty slots up with new people again almost all on my own, and replaced the old commanders with people who wanted to actually help out and we are still there even after so many people have quit after the xforce nerf. I quit playing PVE entirely to cut down on time and resources. I thought about quitting when I heard about the xforce nerf too as I only just maxed him about a season and half before that so boy was I pissed, but I didn't. and after alllll of that...the LAST thing I'm going to do is give them even more money for HP.

but that's just me, a stubborn ****. So like I said, if that works for you go for it if its still fun for you.
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Dale67 wrote:
    By the way danae I never said I don't enjoy this s game. I love this game dearly. Been playing close to a year through endless changes. Its like being cheated on by one of you love. You still love them but the question is how to progress and make the relationship better. Never give up on love. Please stay off my thread if you have nothing to contribute

You specifically said "I'm not sure if I want to play anymore." and never said in your original post that you still love playing the game. My response is still valid as I seem to see so many people stressing and moaning about the game and saying what a grind it is to play and yet they still play it. Don't force yourself to keep playing just because you've spent money on it unless, as I said, you still enjoy it.

450 days for me now and only $5 spent. I've enjoyed playing when I was in a Top 25 alliance and then went casual and dropped out of that alliance when I stopped enjoying it less. Now I enjoy it on my own time with a Top 50/100 alliance. Did the nerfs hurt me? Yes but I'll find another team other than XForce and continue to enjoy the game.

p.s. I would hold onto those HP and just use them for roster spots and shields. I've never spent HP on covers and I have no problems getting to the 1000 progression reward.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    I started from the beginning. I had cMags in his original form. I hated playing him because it was so obviously cheating. Ditto for Spiderman. One day, my Standard token stockpile magically turned into all Heroic tokens because of a bug. In any case, I probably benefited from all this, and for a while, I was likely in the top 5% of players. It's not fair right?

But I fell behind with Sentry and then the two 4* characters. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the large sums of money I would need to keep up. That would have sucked the fun right out of the game for me.

And it's fine! I'm still having lots of fun, even though I'm now a T100 player and I used to be T5. Some people will mock me but: Spiderman is still fun! Sentry is still fun!

Keeping up is a trap! Don't fall for it!
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Like what others have already said, spending HP on 3* covers is not as worthwhile, since they are more easily obtainable now with DDQ. There are some top end covers that will pay back instantly, eg. Hood blue and iFist purple in my opinion.

If you have to spend HP on covers, despite the risk of future nerfs, I can offer my humble opinion on some of the most dangerous characters I hate to face in PVP. ProfX and 4*Thor are still very very dangerous on defence. In 3* land, other than the obvious Hood and Loki, I also hate to face cheap colour converters, such as iFist, Cyclops, Kamala. They accelerate the already high chance of AI cascading skill. GSBW is ok since her colour converting skill is slow.

If I have a boatload of HP to dispense, I would max out ProfX. He can synergise with just about anybody in your roster. If he gets nerfed in the future, I want to have as much fun now with him before that happens. Then at least when the dinner theme is changed yet again, I would have had my cake and ate all I could.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I would not advise you to spend all your HP on any one single character. The one you choose will most certainly be nerf-bait.

I have a "one cover" rule. I don't buy more than one cover for any character. I usually buy that one last cover I need to max the character. That rule has spared me from all anguish during character changes. I most recently purchased KK and Cyclops covers. And, yes I bought one X-Force cover. X-Force btw is also still fun.