Bump starting Health Packs to 10

I checked my s.h.i.e.l.d. resupply status today and discovered I'm at day 382.
A lot has changed since I started.

When I started, I was mostly matched against 1 stars, then 2s, then 3s. Pretty low health opponents.
You get better, you learn, your competition gets tougher. Normal progression, right?

Oh, and you started every day with 5 "free" Health Packs
I say "free" because everything in games costs either time or money.

Then "true healing" was done away with. No longer could characters like Black Widow heal herself
( and/or the rest of your team) before you moved on to your next match.

Huge change. Arguably biggest ever in the game.
Still start every day with 5 HP.

Then team-ups get added, and opponents now have extra ways to kill your whole team.
Ever feel you've slogged thru a good fight, taken a lot of damage, but think you've got a win in hand
only to have a Deadpool Whale whole-team kill or Black Widow whole -team stun happen?

Still start every day with 5 HP

Now we have MAJOR health buffs to a whole raft of characters, and....

I think you know the rest.
Major goodwill could be generated by this simple change.

Comments

• otrigorin
    otrigorin Posts: 31
    10 might be going too far the other way. But I certainly think upping the max to at least 6 would make sense. You could also lower the regen rate to 30 minutes even. Or, you could make it easier to get extra health packs as Tiny rewards - that would beat a piddly 20 iso reward, I think.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    You can get a lot more than 5 healthpack.png per day. You can get a new one every 36 minutes or so.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Lidolas wrote:
    You can get a lot more than 5 healthpack.png per day. You can get a new one every 36 minutes or so.

be careful what you ask for, getting health packs on a fast timer like that means you have to play even more to stay competitive because those crazy grinders will just play on and on - say goodbye to sleep for every PvE with a new character.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I like the idea, OP but the reason it will never happen is explained pretty clearly in your post. All those things whether purposely or not, were designed to create an artificial scarcity of Health Packs to make us buy more. Instead the cumulative effect has been that we just play less.
  • I'm more a fan of just get rid of health packs all together. They are a stupid time operated gate system on play time. If your character survives the battle, full health, if not, 45m on the bench (30m for "true healers"). No more health packs.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:

be careful what you ask for, getting health packs on a fast timer like that means you have to play even more to stay competitive because those crazy grinders will just play on and on - say goodbye to sleep for every PvE with a new character.
    Not really? Everything is still on a timer, so they can still only break 3 times every 8 hours for pvp, and optimally grind once per 8 hours in pve
  • Spoit wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:

Not really? Everything is still on a timer, so they can still only break 3 times every 8 hours for pvp, and optimally grind once per 8 hours in pve

Yea but with 10 health packs crazy grinders can get farther in less time during the final grind by prioritizing an Alpha Team instead of spreading the damage around.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    I'm more a fan of just get rid of health packs all together. They are a stupid time operated gate system on play time. If your character survives the battle, full health, if not, 45m on the bench (30m for "true healers"). No more health packs.
    Then you will see a lot of xf, patch laken. Not good either
  • Kcwei83 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    I'm more a fan of just get rid of health packs all together. They are a stupid time operated gate system on play time. If your character survives the battle, full health, if not, 45m on the bench (30m for "true healers"). No more health packs.

And that's different than now how exactly? I actually feel like you'd see LESS of the regeneration crew because everyone that lives, with their new and improved health values, gets to regen to full after the fight. You might see Patch/Daken while someone is waiting for Cage to get off the bench, but other than that I think you would see Luke Cage/X mostly.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I hope they do something. Raise the base amount of health packs, the speed at which they regenerate, the speed at which characters heal, or have characters heal a percentage of what they lost during a battle upon victory. Any of them. I've never spent HP on a health pack and I never will. If there becomes a competitiveness threshold that requires buying health packs, I'll just unhappily fall below it.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Kcwei83 wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

And that's different than now how exactly? I actually feel like you'd see LESS of the regeneration crew because everyone that lives, with their new and improved health values, gets to regen to full after the fight. You might see Patch/Daken while someone is waiting for Cage to get off the bench, but other than that I think you would see Luke Cage/X mostly.

Upvoted, but wanted to actually comment. Count me as one who would NEVER chose Daken or Patch over another character if my bench was more usable. I cannot count how many times I've used one, the other, or both SPECIFICALLY because they would likely be usable after 1-2 fights... it would be AWESOME to be able to choose different characters, but, well, yeah.

DBC