Updated to R74 on Android.. NOW IT DOES NOT WORK

I submitted a ticket for this as well, but I thought I'd post and see if anyone else is experiencing this.

I updated to R74 in the Google Play Store, and then opened the app back up. It goes through it's normal % loading and then it pops up with the following message:

An update is available!
Great news! Tap "OK" to get the latest version of the game

The only option I have is OK. I can't click around it, I can't close it.. and when I click OK, it takes me to MPQ in the Google Play Store. I can click Open there and it takes me back to the game with the same message about an update available.

I have tried rebooting my phone. I have tried multiple times of uninstall/reinstall. Nothing changes.

Here's the info on the phone/config:

Nexus 6

Android Lollipop 5.1

PLEASE HELP!!!! I can't login and play because of the STUPID UPDATE!!!!!

UPDATE 3:08pm PST:

It appears to be working now. I don't know if it was D3's servers but it appears to be resolved now.

Comments

• bdksni1
    bdksni1 Posts: 103
    Same here. And i have a shield expiring in under 1hour..
  • I got the same issue.
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Same thing here. Open the game after updating, it tells me "good news, latest update is available!", takes me to Google play store, where I can do nothing because app already updated.
  • Same here. Please help devs.
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    In now, though, seems to have been temporary.
  • gruffbear
    gruffbear Posts: 23
    Same here. I'm trying to catch up on events and can't get in at all. icon_evil.gif
  • Also got nailed by this.
  • Same with me - no way around it! Others have reported getting past this so I'll keep trying but meantime my Simulator round has expired.
  • safaridan
    safaridan Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    It has been about half an hour for me. Coming down to end of quicksilver game
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't seen any prompts. I just get stuck at the rotating logo endlessly. Opened a ticket.
  • Getting stuck as well, the load is taking forever... Sadly my PVP event ends in about 5 minutes :\
  • Same here. My other phone hasn't even prompted me for an update. Losing out on time spent in the PvP and Events!! icon_evil.gif
  • My game had updated to the Ultron Splash page, and loaded, now stick on the rotating logos page.
  • My Nexus 5 (android 5.1) autoupdated this morning, and now I'm having the same problem. Game hangs on the flashing character logo screen since the update.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the reports. We've been looking into this.

Amazon had an issue yesterday evening that prevented some data downloads; please give it a shot again tonight if you were locked out last night.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the reports. We've been looking into this.

Amazon had an issue yesterday evening that prevented some data downloads; please give it a shot again tonight if you were locked out last night.

Unfortunately I am still locked out. Hopefully this gets resolved soon so I can play again. I miss playing MPQ!
  • On android. Updated tonight, gets past the loading screen and just sits at the one where the logos rotate. Endlessly. Restarted among other things. Nothing has worked.
    Missing out on my simulator events.

IGN: monstermike
  • Samesies. Updated yesterday on Android and now I get hang-up at the rotating character logos.

IGN: Mikeheathen