"Bad" Good Luck

Arimis_Thorn
Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So in the last 3 days, I've gotten 4 Hood covers, 3 of which were Blue.

And of course he's one of my few fully covered 3*'s.

KHAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!

#latetransitionerproblems

Comments

• Ouch, and blue hoods from tokens may be the rarest occurrence in the game, at least until you have him fully covered. I think the most common "good luck" for me would be getting 60 ap super cascades of all the right colors, with 4 matches and criticals and explosions everywhere........ Against an opponent that only had 100 HP left to begin with....... and it's the last match I'm trying to squeeze in in the last 3 minutes to up my ranking one tier icon_mad.gif
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Ouch, and blue hoods from tokens may be the rarest occurrence in the game, at least until you have him fully covered. I think the most common "good luck" for me would be getting 60 ap super cascades of all the right colors, with 4 matches and criticals and explosions everywhere........ Against an opponent that only had 100 HP left to begin with....... and it's the last match I'm trying to squeeze in in the last 3 minutes to up my ranking one tier icon_mad.gif

Oh, ^THIS^ all day long. It's conjured in me ideas of having an "overkill" bonus where your team gets a percentage of the extra damage you do back as health icon_e_smile.gif
  • That's awesome. Sounds like you've got a good start on your second Hood.
  • cosm0naut
    cosm0naut Posts: 34
    I just pulled my 10th Gamora green cover. My Gamora has been at 5/0/1 for months now. I feel your pain my friend.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    boat loads of Red Patch covers here... and only 1 yellow... icon_mad.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just sold my second extra Kamala yellow. I still need a purple for her. icon_e_sad.gif and a couple of days ago I sold an extra Iron Fist black. I need 2 purples for him. And sold a Doom blue. Also need a purple for the good doctor.

Maybe it's just that purple isn't my colour? Does it make me look fat, RNGeesus? *frets, tries to check derriere in mirror*
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    j12601 wrote:
    That's awesome. Sounds like you've got a good start on your second Hood.

I know roster slots are getting expensive, but I love having a second icon_hood.png I've got one at 166 and another at 89.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    I've actually sold all of those recent Hood acquisitions. I don't have multiples of any character, except of course for the 2 & 3 star versions. I currently have 52 roster slots filled and only 1 of them is a 1* that I added specifically so that I could make the most of the DPD.
  • Lidolas wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    That's awesome. Sounds like you've got a good start on your second Hood.

I know roster slots are getting expensive, but I love having a second icon_hood.png I've got one at 166 and another at 89.

It's quite awesome. Mine are 166 and 80. L'il Hood is great in PVE since he can steal and hide behind everyone else.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    I have pulled sooooo many Fury covers since I've covered him. I could probably have a second one fully covered at this point, maybe even a third.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Try having an 11/13 Squirrel Girl drop from tokens for the past four months since she was released. And I got 5/5/1, which basically means the only reason I'm taking her into battle is just for her yellow.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty sure the game recognizes what we have and intentionally gives us more of whatever you have the most of. I finally got my final Blue Hood cover a month ago or so, and right after I got another 2 Blue covers. This week I had saved my Deadpool tokens hoping for a better round (I only needed Beast from the last round). Of the extra tokens I brought over to this cycle, I've pulled 2 more Blue Hood covers and a Black one.

Well, my 2nd Hood has now jumped from a paltry 0/2/0 to a usable in PvE 0/5/1. If only I could have gotten some Cyclops, Captain Marvel, or Doc Ock covers that I actually wanted.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Ouch, and blue hoods from tokens may be the rarest occurrence in the game, at least until you have him fully covered. I think the most common "good luck" for me would be getting 60 ap super cascades of all the right colors, with 4 matches and criticals and explosions everywhere........ Against an opponent that only had 100 HP left to begin with....... and it's the last match I'm trying to squeeze in in the last 3 minutes to up my ranking one tier icon_mad.gif

Ahhh.... HA! That's where all the blue hood covers have been hiding. GET HIM!
  • Ive sold 5 blackflag.png and 3 or 4 purpleflag.png Blade covers, and mine is 553 waiting to respec to 355...
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the game recognizes what we have and intentionally gives us more of whatever you have the most of.

I'd believe it.

I still think it would be nice if there were a sort of marketplace where you could swap covers within a tier. 2* for 2*, 3* for 3*, 4* for 4*. Maybe then those covers wouldn't feel wasted (at least, until such time as you collect everybody in a given tier).
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I once pulled 2 4-star covers in a row.
    From silver tokens.
    Both were Invisible Woman.
    Both were blue.
    Which was the one power I already had at rank 5.