Psychic Convergence triggering with no powers used

Options
Kolence
Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
I've just had a match in simulator second hard sub against Beast/Professor/Storm node (No. 6, I think) where at one point (not from the very start) Professor's yellow power started activating every turn without anyone using powers. I had Thor4/Loki/IW. Not sure if I had fired illusions once before it started happening.
EDIT:
Actually, I did take a pre battle screenshot icon_redface.gif
NIIxTdn.jpg
And three turns in a row it happened
wN5caeA.jpgvyBuMKU.jpgJQWmFMA.jpg

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see everyone has taken some damage, most likely Storm's passive caused it.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Passives aren't supposed to trigger Psychic Convergence/Bring Out The Best.

Most likely this is the same bug people have reported over the past few weeks where the AI uses an ability once normally and then repeats it on three subsequent turns regardless of the necessary AP/triggers.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had this happen too when the AI hadn't cast any abilities at all (or triggered any passives). It started triggering every turn and I had to spam abilities on Prof X which nearly killed me from Storm's passive. Had 4hor IF and Cage and I don't believe I had cast any abilities up to that point (besides IF/Cage passives). Same node during the second sub when it was the hard node (level 300+), hadn't noticed this on the easy track.
  • The posted screenshot shows the enemy has 9 TU available. This suggests that it may be a manifestation of the same bug that is producing infinite heals from Kamala. If the AI has enough AP to use an ability, including a team-up, but that ability cannot actually be fired due to an unmet condition, it will instead trigger Kamala's passive every turn until that ability can be resolved. Given the similarities between Kamala and Professor X, this is probably the root cause for both phenomenon.
  • That'd make sense. I noticed Kamala was healing from seemingly doing nothing earlier too.