Time for Punisher!

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hey guys, how you doing. I don't want to bother anyone, but i need to make some important decisions, so any advice is great.
I've been using Wolverine/oBW/mHawkeye (or whatever was required) for a while as my main team. It was some nice time, and the results were satisfying.
In the last few days, i managed to grab some Punisher and Thor covers, and a completed Ares (but wrongly built). I feel that is the time to get my first 3 stars character into the main team.

What i need advice is about team composition, and what skill builds should i use. This is my roster : http://imgur.com/a/Bhi4l
My Punisher is 3/3/4 ; Thor is 3/3/3;

What team should i be using with Punisher? I think oBW is great since she uses blue/purple, and helps out Punisher with healing and resource stealing.

What should be the third member of Punisher/oBW? I was thinking about Thor, but after the funbalance, Thor is based around building and using his green. Initially i was planing on using Thor for green generation, so i can pump out strike tiles with Punisher's green, but that means i wont be able to use Thor's most important spell, his green. Do you think that is a good plan, or a waste? Should i go for 5/5/3 Thor for this? Thor's red would be used until the enemy is withing execute range.

Perhaps i could use Ares? He is a bit messed up (should be 4/4/5) and i dont see too much of a sinergy with Punisher/Widow , but Ares is just good, and he uses yellow.

2 Star Wolverine doesnt make any sense at all here, he is the guy replaced by Punisher in the first place. Patch Wolverine is interesting, but i dont have the covers, and in all honesty i prefer Punisher's green for strike tiles compared to Patch Wolverine.
Classic Storm is also full cover, but she doesnt make sense either in this combination.

Soo, what do you guys think? What would be the best plan? I could go for a 5/3/5 Punisher, just to use a 3/5/5 Thor, but i wanted a 5 green Punisher in the first place for the 3 strike tiles and Widow's Espionage.
I can't wait for opinions, because now i can go either way with building Punisher and Thor, since they are mostly on their third cover (i got a yellow and green thor cover with 6 days left)

Thank you very much!

Comments

• poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would go for a punisher/obw/thor team.

3/5/5 Punisher
    3/5/5 Thor
    3/5/5 OBW

Rainbow team: Punisher uses red/green/black, OBW uses blue/purple and Thor uses yellow (and occasionally green when situation demands). Punisher red is not amazing normally but does more damage than Thors red.

I would make a similar team but I already have 5/5/3 Thor which I think is inferior build now. You are lucky to have him at 3/3/3.
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    Honestly I don't think it matters all that much; the only thing missing from Punisher + OBW is a better direct damage skill than Retribution. Both Thor and Ares seem like fine choices. You definitely need 5 points in Punisher's green if you want to use him as a strike tile generator, though.
  • Thank you guys.
    Punisher/oBW/Thor it is!

I was thinking about going 5/5/3 Thor, since Punisher will use his green, but poomermon is actually right.. Punisher's red actually beats Thor's red in damage.
    According to wiki:
    Thor's max level red : Deals 1011 damage.
    Punisher's max level red: Deals 1482 damage

Of course, probably Thor's red beats Punisher's red at level 85, but once Punisher gets close to his maximum, yeah.
    I will go 3/5/5 Thor, and i will use Thor's green after one or maybe two judgement casts from Punisher. This way i avoid breaking my own tiles
  • I played the 1st punisher tournament mostly with OBW and Vol**, rarely swapping vol for Ares (especially when going away, putting him for defense).

With the current change I'd probably not use Vol anymore, but choice should really depend on your roster. The new Thor probably fits better than the new if you build for the last colors and good user of yellow.