what to do with hp from xforce sell

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I just sold XF and received 1000 hp and will get back another 15000 hp for the recent covers I bought plus the covers that I already had before that. As I can't get money back for the HP, trying to figure out where to use it now. I also have a 10000 hp stored so I will now have 26000+hp. I don't shield hop, don't play pvp for top prizes because I am still in my 2-3* transition. Here is my roster, where should I spend it? Or should I horde it for the next OP character that will be nerfed to death?

Level 100
GSBW--5/3/5
Gamora--5/4/4 (dpq will finish her off)
Mohawk storm--5/3/5
Hulk-- 5/3/5
Punisher--3/5/5
Blade--5/3/4 (dpq will finish him off)
3*Doom--5/3/4 (dpq will finish him off)
Patch--5/3/4 (dpq will finish him off)
Mystique--1/5/5
3*Thor--3/4/4 (dpq will finish him off)
BP--5/0/4 (dpq will get him last black and first blue)
Steve Rodgers--0/5/4 (will get a blue with Simulator and possibly a yellow)
Sentry--2/5/3

Level 94
Ares--4/4/5
OBW--3/5/5
2*Captain America--3/5/5
2*Captain Marvel--3/5/5
Lil Daken--3/5/5
2*Hawkeye--3/5/5
Lil'torch--5/5/3
2*Mag--3/5/5
Moonstone--5/5/3
2*Storm--4/5/4
Lil thor--3/5/5
2*Wolvie-_5/5/3

Level 92
Falcon--5/5/2 (dpq will finish him off)

Level 90
Hood--5/5/1 (don't know if I even need any more black but will get 1 from dpq in next month)

Level 82
Loki--5/3/5

Level 74
Nick Fury--1/4/2

Level 71
Lazy Daken--4/3/1
R&G--1/4/1
Electra--2/0/1

Level 70
Invisible Woman--1/3/0
XF--1/3/2 (after I get my covers back)
Thora--1/1/0
Devil Dino--0/1/0
Kingpin--0/1/0

Level 69
Colossus--1/4/3

Level 66
HT--3/2/2

Level 64
Luke Cage--1/3/2

Level 57
Spiderman-- 3/2/2
Squirrel Girl--2/5/0

Level 50
IM35--5/5/3
1*storm--4/4/5

Level 45
Psylocke--2/3/4

Level 44
Cyclops--1/3/1

Level 43
Classic Mag--4/1/1
Ragnarok--2/1/0

Level 40
Daredevil--3/5/1
3*Cap Marvel--3/2/3
She hulk--2/2/3
Beast--1/2/2
DP--1/1/2
KK--2/1/1
Doc Ock--1/2/0
IF--2/0/1
IM40--1/2/0
QS--0/1/1

Level 15
Jug--5/5

Comments

• Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buy X Force

:^)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see why, after putting in so much ISO and HP into a 4* character, anyone would sell them. It's not like X-Force is completely unusable. It's not like he's Bagman all of a sudden, and it's certainly not like D3 loses anything by people selling him off en masse.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    It's too early after the changes to confidently make any recommendations.

I want to recommend building Cyclops up to a 5/3/5 build as a replacement to XF and to work on building Iron Fist when you get one of each cover. I'd personally build Fist as 5/5/3 but the vast majority build him at 3/5/5.

Alternatively you could buy 4 yellow Fury covers, 1 blue and an option purple cover to have a highly viable 4* character.

But these are MAJOR hp commitments and I can't say with confidence that they'd be a big enough payoff to be worth it long term. Especially when you have teams like Captain America/Hood or Patch/Loki essentially built to take down just about any team.

I guess I'm recommending the wait and see approach. If you intend to stick with the game long term then it's always wise to just spend HP on boring roster slots since events and ddq's will fill in the 3* gaps for you in time.

No 4* is a clear standout as being completely overpowered in the game right now (though Xavier opens up the most unique builds making the most out of characters who typically collect dust on a roster).
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Is this a troll thread? I mean you really don't have that roster and then sell XF to make it "better."

On the assumption that this is serious, you need a support character. Loki or Hood. If you PvE a lot (with goons and such) Hood is your guy. If you're a PvP type cat, Loki is your guy (imo, hood is good as well). From there it diverges depending on your play, PvE vs PvP.

If you're a PvP'er, you'll want a damage dealer. Iron Fist and Cyclops are about the best atm (non 4*, you've seen through that charade). But Luke Cage adds a different look, as does Daredevil. I really can't tell you which is the best outside of Iron Fist, because a lot of it depends on play style.

PvE has variables as well. Boosted characters, whether or not the node is straight goons or a hero/villain is involved. For goons, the best team is Blade, Daken, and Falcon. Some folks may try to say otherwise, but they would be wrong. I mean you could replace Blade, but the best real option is....well....nevermind.

When a hero/villain is involved, you need support, dmg and either a 2nd dmg or a hybrid. Support can be Hood/Loki, and from there, again, a lot depends on your playstyle. IF, Daken, Blade, Patch, Daredevil (if using loki), Psylocke, Cyclops...all are great choices. 3rd depends on what else you may need. Teitasu (sp?) clowns need a stun. Best bets are Daredevil, Steve Rodgers, as they both bring dmg to the party as well as top tier stuns. If you don't need a stun, then the sky is the limit. Luke Cage has one of the best single targets in the game, as well as the bonus of 1 match damage. Have I mentioned 3* Thor? He's really good as well. Like, really good.

Good luck.
  • grunth13
    I didn't put a lot of iso into xforce...only leveled him to 100 so not a big iso loss. I will receive all the hp I spent on him plus a 1000. I was thinking getting like cage and iron fist up and running and maybe kamala Khan? The rest of the 3 star don't impress me much except maybe deadpool mainly for guantlet. Buying xforce again would be a waste as I just don't think he does that well anymore and definitely not scaring anyone unless he is 270.What do you guys think?
  • grunth13
    Aidonis wrote:
    Is this a troll thread? I mean you really don't have that roster and then sell XF to make it "better."

On the assumption that this is serious, you need a support character. Loki or Hood. If you PvE a lot (with goons and such) Hood is your guy. If you're a PvP type cat, Loki is your guy (imo, hood is good as well). From there it diverges depending on your play, PvE vs PvP.

If you're a PvP'er, you'll want a damage dealer. Iron Fist and Cyclops are about the best atm (non 4*, you've seen through that charade). But Luke Cage adds a different look, as does Daredevil. I really can't tell you which is the best outside of Iron Fist, because a lot of it depends on play style.

PvE has variables as well. Boosted characters, whether or not the node is straight goons or a hero/villain is involved. For goons, the best team is Blade, Daken, and Falcon. Some folks may try to say otherwise, but they would be wrong. I mean you could replace Blade, but the best real option is....well....nevermind.

When a hero/villain is involved, you need support, dmg and either a 2nd dmg or a hybrid. Support can be Hood/Loki, and from there, again, a lot depends on your playstyle. IF, Daken, Blade, Patch, Daredevil (if using loki), Psylocke, Cyclops...all are great choices. 3rd depends on what else you may need. Teitasu (sp?) clowns need a stun. Best bets are Daredevil, Steve Rodgers, as they both bring dmg to the party as well as top tier stuns. If you don't need a stun, then the sky is the limit. Luke Cage has one of the best single targets in the game, as well as the bonus of 1 match damage. Have I mentioned 3* Thor? He's really good as well. Like, really good.

Good luck.

As you have looked at my roster, I already have loki max covered while falcon and hood mostly covered with 5 yellow and blue and their third color almost maxed. I have kept them under leveled so that they don't tank anything. I also have 3*Thor almost covered which should be done with dpq within the month. I still don't have IF purple which from what I hear is his best ability...haven't really played with him as he is under covered in my roster. Luke cage looks promising as I have some covers for him so buying a couple more will make him worth it. I also have cyclops covers in all three colors so that could be another. Just wondering if there is anyone else I should even consider.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I would sit on the HP for a while until the next super strong character combo becomes apparent. I think your roster is good enough to be competitive pretty much as-is relative to covers, though you could certainly use a lot more ISO. I would wait until you can make a high impact purchase with the HP and keep accumulating ISO.
  • Andy9009
    Andy9009 Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Are you sure you're getting your previous covers that you had for XForce back?
  • grunth13
    Andy9009 wrote:

This was there reply to that same question.

D3PA Customer Support (AG) (D3Publisher)

Apr 20, 10:14

Greetings D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

We're sorry you feel that Wolverine (X-Force) has been irreparably changed for the negative. We can offer to credit you all Hero Points you spent on directly upgrading this character's abilities following March 17th.

Would you care to explore this option? If so, please sell the Wolverine (X-Force) character from your Roster, then respond to this ticket informing us you have done so, and we will escalate your ticket to address compensation. If you choose this option, you will be credited with the following:

- All Hero Points you spent on directly upgrading this character's abilities since March 17th.
    - All comic covers applied to the character that were earned through rewards.
    - The automatic in-game sell bonus of Iso-8 and Hero Points offered for selling any character that has recently received changes in the game.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Put 7500HP slowly earned (thankfully not purchased) HP into XF, I think he's worth 4500HP for selling.

May as well hold onto him, even though he is my sole character over level 166 - he might be scaling my PVP crazy now, as well as my PVE. I don't fear XF in matchups anymore, and actually don't consider putting a 250 out there over 166's on D anymore. The only reason to hold is maybe, someday, they'll realize the mistake and buff his green to make him usable again.

Holding onto character, but not holding breath for that improvement.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    grunth13 wrote:
    Andy9009 wrote:

Greetings D3P Customer,

We're sorry you feel that Wolverine (X-Force) has been irreparably changed for the negative. We can offer to credit you all Hero Points you spent on directly upgrading this character's abilities following March 17th.

Would you care to explore this option? If so, please sell the Wolverine (X-Force) character from your Roster, then respond to this ticket informing us you have done so, and we will escalate your ticket to address compensation. If you choose this option, you will be credited with the following:

- All Hero Points you spent on directly upgrading this character's abilities since March 17th.
    - The automatic in-game sell bonus of Iso-8 and Hero Points offered for selling any character that has recently received changes in the game.

(emphasis is mine)
    Is that really true? I havent spent anything on him but if I sell my XF, I would get back the covers earned through rewards and the HP "bonus"? Reason i ask is that I want to respec and I have a partial XF almost to what i will want. This could enable me to finish that respec....

Why the heck wont they just allow us a respec post change?
  • grunth13
    I think the buy back that I am getting was only because I bought the covers on March 28th. They may not give the same reply to others who were using it for some time, but it does not hurt to ask as getting a refund is looking like a no go with google.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarvelMan wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:
    Andy9009 wrote:

Greetings D3P Customer,

(emphasis is mine)
    Is that really true? I havent spent anything on him but if I sell my XF, I would get back the covers earned through rewards and the HP "bonus"? Reason i ask is that I want to respec and I have a partial XF almost to what i will want. This could enable me to finish that respec....

The biggest thing i want to know is this: I received this in a PM on 04/20:

The developers are actually closed today for a Boston holiday (Patriot's Day), but they should hopefully take a look at your ticket tomorrow.

So how did you get a response on the 20th???
  • grunth13
    Malcrof wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:
    Andy9009 wrote:

Greetings D3P Customer,

(emphasis is mine)

The biggest thing i want to know is this: I received this in a PM on 04/20:

The developers are actually closed today for a Boston holiday (Patriot's Day), but they should hopefully take a look at your ticket tomorrow.

So how did you get a response on the 20th???

I placed the original email over the weekend or last Friday to ask what the buy back would be. I then got the reply on the 20th in the morning. If you got a PM, was that on here? I did not send anything through here so maybe that was the difference?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The original date on my ticket is 4/09.. 13 days ago.. still not resolved. I got that in a PM on the forum from someone who is trying to help me get it escalated.
  • grunth13
    Not sure malcrof, they said in their email that it usually takes 72 hours, so I plan on giving it to them before I escalate it.