Already maxxed out covers

I was thinking the other day when I opened a 10 pack and saw that beautiful gold emblem, but to my dismay it was a daredevil red, already got it maxxed, then another shiny gold dropped, Black Widow Grey suit Green... already maxxed. This went on for two more gold covers. I had those covers already maxxed, but my buddy did not. If I were king for a day, I would make a way, using the already built in Facebook sharing system, to share the covers that are just going to be cashed in for ISO (don't get me wrong that is nice) with someone in my friends list or whatever. However, to be fair, the person receiving the cover can either use it or throw it away, not cash it in for ISO. I think it is a win win for D3 and the player, because the player gets more covers... cool, and you all have a better chance of making more money because now I need ISO or will pay HP to level the character up. Just a thought.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nasty987 wrote:
    I was thinking the other day when I opened a 10 pack and saw that beautiful gold emblem, but to my dismay it was a daredevil red, already got it maxxed, then another shiny gold dropped, Black Widow Grey suit Green... already maxxed. This went on for two more gold covers. I had those covers already maxxed, but my buddy did not. If I were king for a day, I would make a way, using the already built in Facebook sharing system, to share the covers that are just going to be cashed in for ISO (don't get me wrong that is nice) with someone in my friends list or whatever. However, to be fair, the person receiving the cover can either use it or throw it away, not cash it in for ISO. I think it is a win win for D3 and the player, because the player gets more covers... cool, and you all have a better chance of making more money because now I need ISO or will pay HP to level the character up. Just a thought.

Many people have suggested ways of sharing/trading covers. I have trashed many yellow SQ and black Doom covers.. i do not have a single 3* max covered, so trashing 3* covers makes me cry a little.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nasty987 wrote:

I had the idea of a 'Donate Program' that would randomly donate unused covers to those who may need them but the thread got buried and no one viewed it (see link below).

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24310
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I am hoping their motivations for not allowing cover trading are fear of a grey market economy springing up where people start farming covers (like WoW gold) and using out-of-game communication methods to 'sell' them. Well, the 'hope' there is that their motivations are a desire to protect players from this kind of grey market economy. The less altruistic motive is that these transactions would occur without them getting their 'taste'.

I was thinking just now about how a coupon has 2 values printed on it. For example: good for $0.50 off Cocoa Puffs. In the fine print it also says that the coupon itself has a value of like 1/200 of $0.01 - not sure who would collect 200 of these to trade in for a penny, but this price exists and is listed there.

Perhaps the way to think about tokens is more like coupons. A given token has 2 face values.. "Good for 1250 off 1 Green GSBW" and then the fine print "ISO value of coupon: 500 ISO".

But even this metaphor breaks down because people trade coupons all the flippin' time...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or , if you need a different color for that char, use the cover you got from the token + 50hp/XIso to convert it to another color