over nerfing

Options
Im not one to complain after every little change but this is ridiculous. XF went from scoring over 5k damage with his green to less than 2000. You guys are way over nerfing. As a customer, i can no longer trust you guys and invest in another character because It'll probably get nerfed. Ive seen games make tweeks before but no where near the level you guys are. Ive watched your YouTubes an i understand what you guys are attempting but as a consumer i have no faith in your product. Im done with this game which is a shame because i really enjoyed it.

Comments

• I'm in the same boat now. First Magneto 2 star was nerfed out of nowhere because D3 screwed up Mystique, then they went full bore. What is extraordinarily pathetic though is how their new characters ( specifically the kahn, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist are) extraordinary OVERPOWERED.

I can't believe anyone tested these guys out and said, yeah , that is nice and balanced. One can note that guys with stacked teams on stacked alliances ( or perhaps guys who don't respect their money ) are popping up with maxed out versions of the aforementioned and kicking **** with them. No surprise since your attacked are neutered and you are taking extra damage permanently. Again how a couple of oily faced developers ( and I use the term loosely ) couldhave looked at them and said, yeah, that is nicely balanced, is pathetic.

Characters who don't need energy boosts get them, and the hood sits there like a turd in a punchbowl. I've pointed out the general lack of skill exhibited by the folks who run the show there, and what is perverse is I've obviously been giving them too much credit which is mind boggling.

Great strategy. Trowing out poorly thought out characters at a break neck speed to I guess try to maximize revenue instead of making the game better. If they did nothing it would be better because this strategy makes the game WORSE.
  • Asking D3 to not overnerf is like asking the sky to stop raining.

You're welcome to, but I'm not sure you'll get anything out of it.
  • How in the world is a max XF 5/5/3 unable to take out a lvl 33 Jug with his green power??? 270 vs 33??? Green isnt providing 1/2 the damage it did before. To me, an acceptable nerf would have been doing what you did with black an then increase AP to 9 or 10 on green.
    As a developer you can't continually upset your customer base like this. You need to set a bar an stick to it so your customer aren't constantly feeling they got screwed. I always thought that bar was XF and now hes just a mediocre 3*.
    You need to understand your consumers have invested countless hours and/or money on these covers, especially your oldest an most popular one. You guys can make tweeks, but don't completely neuter them.
    A better policy, if you think the bar is set to high, make other covers stronger to even them out so people are happy that they are getting something instead of getting pissed by something being taken away.
    Then, with the higher powers, increase HP accross the board so it evens it out. Don't frigging decrease damage an increase HP to magnify the pronlem. Thats complete double negative.
    Ive played a number of phone games an I understand how games evolve an develop. This is just the worst way to handle it. Dont forget, there are a TON of similar games out there. Your customers are more important then the game. With out us, you got nothing.
  • Regardless of what the pathetic downvoting losers say, D3 is increasingly nothing but a joke. I'm sort of glad they did this because it will probably give me the impetus to finally quit.

To the downvoters - it isn't my fault these guys are incompetent ( if their goal is a balanced, engaging game ).

First you guys dump out a raft of useless characters ( doc oc, she hulk, colossus etc ) now you change your tactic to bringing out overpowered ones.

You nuke XF after making changes last year form him being useless. YOu destroy Ragnarok, while making Loki with his mischief arguably overpowered in the sense that by accident you can see your AP nuked. Cage is unapologetically unfair, as is the teenage girl who observes ramadan, and iron fist is unfair too.

Again, all you need to do is watch who the guys with the deepest pockets are using, and cage, kahn, loki are all prominent now.

So, the question remains, why should people spend time, let alone money investing in a character that some fanboy who should be giving away comic con flyers instead of working for a game company might just see fit to destroy ( since apparently his boss is absent or inept as well).
  • Clamoe100
    Clamoe100 Posts: 53
    Options
    There's lots of negative energy on these boards lately, and for good reason. The over nerfing, changing of PVP structure, and new characters every other week. I've spent more money on this game than I care to admit. For me it was worth it. Fun and rewarding. Now the game is a joyless grind. I will never spend another dime on any game they produce. The Deadpool Daily was the only recent positive I see. Let's see if it lasts.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm in the same boat now. First Magneto 2 star was nerfed out of nowhere because D3 screwed up Mystique, then they went full bore.

No, Mystique was nerfed because they messed up Magneto 2*. He could place a ton of blues wherever he wanted, that was the problem. That was the consensus of most players since Mystique was barely used, then got nerfed because of a 2*.

Game's don't last when companies do not balance characters, not the other way around. This is the rule of thumb with any game. It is bizarre to me that people would think that having broken characters helps the game, but to each their own. Just like in collectible card games, having premium cards/characters that are mechanically better than everything else, promotes a pay to win environment that doesn't help the game's player base.

The sad part is because D3 took their time balancing 4* thor and xforce they did long term damage to everyone's roster diversity. All 4* rosters prioritized both of them so they all own him, which is the opposite of what D3 wants to do.
  • Poor Magneto 2* I like the Red Bump but only 3 blue tiles is a monkey fighting joke! At least give us 4 blues!
  • I have been playing this game for 545 days now and I have gotten to know that nerfing is a standard practice with this game. After bearing witness to so many nerfs I have come to learn that none of these characters are safe. If you don't spend any real world money on the game, you won't feel so bad about it. If you wind up dropping money to get that one ultimate character so you can dominate, prepare for disappointment. I think it's part of their strategy.

Step 1 - Create and release ultimate new character.
    Step 2 - Offer some covers immediately and give people the chance to spend HP to buy all the covers. Make the character featured and essential to really drive it home.
    Step 3 - Nerf and laugh as you count the money (of course you can sell your covers back for a little more HP than normal so that makes it ok right?)

Rinse and repeat.

It's funny because in other industries this is called a bait and switch and it's also illegal. For example, if I was selling you a car and we signed a contract for you to buy a Ferrari, I couldn't just take your money and then deliver you a Prius (But hey if you don't like it, how about a little store credit and I'll take that car off your hands). Silly right? But in effect that is what is going on here.

Moral of the story, don't spend any money on this game if you hope to enjoy it long term. It's basically pay for "cheat codes" anyhow so if you just earn the covers by playing you won't get caught up in being too invested in any one character. You'll have a full and balanced roster and you'll also wind up having more fun.
  • Ruibarian
    Ruibarian Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's tough. On one hand, he was absurdly overpowered to begin with. XFW has been no holds barred the strongest character in MPQ since he was changed almost a year ago. The best AP drain/generation on top of the best single target damage AND the ability to true heal himself made him insanely OP.

Where I agree with a lot of people is that the numbers were just changed. This really, really sucks. I wish there were a more "meta-" change, changing everything around him to make him less powerful. Unfortunately again, his design is an anti-design. He told everyone that their abilities didn't do anything. He had incredibly board clearing, he stole AP, and he had it all in a nice cheap package.

Was MPQ's answer correct? Probably not. I'm not going 100% either way, but I think I have a reasonable answer to the issue.

Make Green cheaper. It's that simple. If the ability is going to do **** damage, just move it to like, 5 or 6 AP. Allow him to have cheap but unreliable board clear at the cost of damage. That seems reasonable to me. Then you have the choice on your 5-abilities

Green - Great cheap unreliable board clear
    Black - Crazy damage and board clear (Especially with CMags or Cyke)
    Yellow - Full heal or decent damage.

My two cents is green needs an AP cost reduction. That way there is at least some reason to level his green.