Upcoming ISO change

Would it be possible for D3 to come out and give us a ballpark number of the changes?

Or maybe assure us that we will get some sort of ISO refund if we use it now once the changes occur.
My advancement in the game has slowed down since that message was put out since I started hoarding my ISO. But with all the changes to the MMR for PVP, I need more usable 3* characters. I just don't know if hoarding the ISO will actually net me a bargain or am I just wasting my time not levelling Luke Cage and Cyclops.

Comments

• Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Koko81 wrote:
    Would it be possible for D3 to come out and give us a ballpark number of the changes?

Or maybe assure us that we will get some sort of ISO refund if we use it now once the changes occur.
    My advancement in the game has slowed down since that message was put out since I started hoarding my ISO. But with all the changes to the MMR for PVP, I need more usable 3* characters. I just don't know if hoarding the ISO will actually net me a bargain or am I just wasting my time not levelling Luke Cage and Cyclops.

I'd like more leveled characters but I have gotten top 5 finishes the last two events despite hoarding ISO the past month.

Will leveling characters earn you more now than it will in 2-3 weeks? Then you should probably do it.
    I know I'm not putting any big investments out there on anyone like Kamala or Fury until proven to be necessary.
  • Wobby wrote:
    Koko81 wrote:

I'd like more leveled characters but I have gotten top 5 finishes the last two events despite hoarding ISO the past month.

Will leveling characters earn you more now than it will in 2-3 weeks? Then you should probably do it.
    I know I'm not putting any big investments out there on anyone like Kamala or Fury until proven to be necessary.

I know what you mean but in my case the investments would be big: 11 star cover for Cyclops and Luke Cage at level 40 for cyclops and 104 for cage
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koko81 wrote:
    I know what you mean but in my case the investments would be big: 11 star cover for Cyclops and Luke Cage at level 40 for cyclops and 104 for cage

Cyclops I'd definitely wait, they did say specifically that lower levels of the covers were going to be cheaper, so you'll save on him for sure. Cage is trickier because we don't know where the impact will stop having an effect.

I've got a 200k stash and an itchy trigger finger too (Kamala, IW are on my wait list), but it should only be another 10-14 days.

Any meaningful impact to the cost of leveling will more than offset whatever extra ISO you might earn from having an extra two usable characters.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish they would give us an idea. I have many lvl 40 3*'s almost cover maxed that got buffed: Beast, She Hulk.

I have 200k ISO stocked up.. I ended up getting bored yesterday and started buying standard tokens at 500 a pop. After about 7 1*s I got an Ironfist, so it was worth it.

I can't wait to lvl all these guys! I am sure the cutoff is lvl 94 or 105 for 3* and maybe lvl 60 or 50 for 2*.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sitting a little over 130k stockpiled waiting on this change, hopefully can break 200k from the new event (excpet the "hard" part of the event is friggin ridiculously hard...)
  • Koko81 wrote:

The bolded section describes me perfectly atm. Characters I could level (and frankly really want to), but I'm "on hold" pending the latest price changes...

DBC
  • If anything, I'd like to know the level cut-offs between, "low enough to change," and, "high enough to stay the same," so I know where it's safe to spend my ISO.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I'm on a complete moratorium on iso spending. I got a couple more 2* Magnetos and leveled him to 22 to see if I could sell him for another 100hp, the sale is over, so not another single crystal goes into leveling. I don't expect or think I deserve compensation but if they want to drop some free iso I accept alms for the poor. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Did D3 say that the changes were coming sooner? They stated that the ISO changes were going to be in R75, R73 came out March 25th and R74 is next. Which for most will mean probably another month of hoarding.
  • Madmanami wrote:
    Did D3 say that the changes were coming sooner? They stated that the ISO changes were going to be in R75, R73 came out March 25th and R74 is next. Which for most will mean probably another month of hoarding.

It said R75, so whenever that is. Seems like updates have been coming every 2-3 weeks or so? So maybe in another couple weeks? Hard to say.

I'm curious to know what/when the cutoff will be as well. I only have about 70k saved up, but I want to take my Hood from a 120 soft cap to 166. I use him a lot so starting that transition sooner would be better than later if the cost will be nearly the same.
  • Madmanami wrote:
    Did D3 say that the changes were coming sooner? They stated that the ISO changes were going to be in R75, R73 came out March 25th and R74 is next. Which for most will mean probably another month of hoarding.

It said R75, so whenever that is. Seems like updates have been coming every 2-3 weeks or so? So maybe in another couple weeks? Hard to say.

I'm curious to know what/when the cutoff will be as well. I only have about 70k saved up, but I want to take my Hood from a 120 soft cap to 166. I use him a lot so starting that transition sooner would be better than later if the cost will be nearly the same.

Somewhere in the R74 thread a red name threw out "Early May" as the target date for R75.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Madmanami wrote:

Somewhere in the R74 thread a red name threw out "Early May" as the target date for R75.

Which was I believe defined by someone somewhere as May 7th, give or take a few days, so expect to wait for another 3 weeks and be pleasantly surprised if it is only 2 weeks and a couple of days.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Madmanami wrote:

I remember seeing that too. I even think they said first week of May, as long as approvals went well.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I had misread when this would take effect... I assumed it was at the same time as the health increases and character changes since it was in the same "upcoming" announcement. So on 4/18 I spent about 120K upgrading a bunch of my 3* to level 102... then I realized it hadn't taken effect yet. DOH!
    Homer-Simpson-Doh.jpg
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    JVReal wrote:
    Well I had misread when this would take effect... I assumed it was at the same time as the health increases and character changes since it was in the same "upcoming" announcement. So on 4/18 I spent about 120K upgrading a bunch of my 3* to level 102... then I realized it hadn't taken effect yet. DOH!
    Homer-Simpson-Doh.jpg

same here... when does it take effect??
  • R75, which is scheduled to hit the first week of May per the last estimate I remember seeing.