Is it just me...(just some musings)

rbdragon
rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
...or does it feel like it's been forever since they released a new character (considering they went back to back, and now two PVEs in a row without one)?

..or should we be worried that after the Simulator we're getting another onslaught of new characters fast?

...or does anyone else laugh a little when they see X-Force in PVP (while dying a little inside for the same reasons)?

...or do the health increases make certain characters feel scarier, even though they haven't gotten more powerful (HT, Doom, LCap, etc)?

...or did I miss a third "." in my second question?

...or is it really difficult to spend ISO-8 once you hit a certain milestone? (for me it was 100,000, which I'm currently under and it REALLY bothers me)

...or...okay I ran out of things...my bad...

icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd certainly like an answer from someone at demiurge as to why they had to run 3 new releases back to back, but are now able to run 2 existing characters back to back. We know that Kingpin was scheduled to coincide with the launch of Daredevil, but Avengers 2 is still a week or more away (your country may vary). There's now doubt that well get Unknown, unknown and unknown in a repeat of the back to back thrill ride we all know and love. I can only assume that the October '14 and April '15 metrics show a positive increase in spending to some degree.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's very likely because of a voice that exists in an office above theirs (I would guess Disney/Marvel).
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    It's very likely because of a voice that exists in an office above theirs (I would guess Disney/Marvel).

Agreed, cept you could hold off on the non-contract releases by pushing them back and easing the schedule. My guess is that the two b2b "off" events were from the complaints of the 3 weeks prior.

However, PX and the Rags rework couldn't have been stipulated by Marvel since they aren't tied to anything that I can think of in the rest of the marvel universe atm.

Kamala and Kingpin to coincide with women of Marvel and DD on Netflix, I get that. Though, that leaves quicksilver in an odd position too. Unless they are about to hit us with another b2b2b after simulator and QS would've been 4 straight weeks of releases, I don't know why they crammed all that into the last 3 weeks with seeming flexibility with PX and Rags and this 2 event buffer as well.

I'm going with 3 character releases after simulator and everyone should brace for impact...maybe simultaneous releases as icing on the cake of tinykitty?! icon_e_wink.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I imagine Ultron, Scarlet Witch, 4* versions of Hulk and Iron man and finally Vision could all be immanent. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Honu141
    Honu141 Posts: 84
    snlf25 wrote:
    I imagine Ultron, Scarlet Witch, 4* versions of Hulk and Iron man and finally Vision could all be immanent. icon_e_sad.gif

Be careful what you wish for... icon_e_wink.gif

(See Spoilers thread if you don't know what I mean.)
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    orbitalint wrote:

Agreed, cept you could hold off on the non-contract releases by pushing them back and easing the schedule. My guess is that the two b2b "off" events were from the complaints of the 3 weeks prior.

This is assuming that they're not contracted to put out a certain amount of non-promo content, but we're doing a lot of assuming, huh? icon_lol.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Is it just me, or did they never address the math behind the 4Thor changes? They said they'd valued charge tiles too highly. They didn't comment on how that required a decrease from 12 to 5. They're clearly over-valued now. Just look at Ragnarok.