"Deadpool Weekly" (4*)

Renaldoo
Renaldoo Posts: 114
The difficulty in obtaining 4-stars is absurd right now. A weekly event similar to Deadpool daily would make this a bit better. Especially if it rewarded a (gasp!) general 4* upgrade token. That still means it would take close to three months to max a 4* which is far more reasonable than the 1-1.5 year timeline we are on right now.

I have pretty much given up on collecting 4*'s at the moment. I have 14 maxed 3*'s, and 1000 points in pvp is more painful than ever, and there are no 4* progression rewards in PvE. In general, if I were to sum up how I feel about MPQ in one word, it would have to be demoralizing.

Comments

• I don't know about a 4* deadpool like thing... I do think they need to stop releasing more and more characters for a bit because all out dies is dilute the pool... I also wish they would have just left the freaking pvp alone. First time in 6seasons i won't get a 10 pack
  • i could do with a monthly 4* gauntlet
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I'd say monthly rather than weekly, our maybe related to completing cycles in the daily.

Maybe Cerebro Alert starting Professor X? Why should Deadpool have all the fun?
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    that would be a nice daily event that leads to a node to fight( maybe a few ) then get random cover 2*-4*
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    I'd say monthly rather than weekly

There are already, I believe, 8 4* characters (if you don't count Dino). Let's not count Dino, and assume no new 4*s get introduced.

A monthly event would mean you will have 1 cover for each color after 2 years. A monthly deadpool for a 4* would mean it will take you 10 years to get a finished 4* out of it. I'm not saying I want to spam 4* characters into the play space, but the pacing needs to be a little faster than that.

A weekly 4* would still take almost 6 months to get 1 cover of each color, so you will finish the current crop of 8 in 2.4 years. Even that sounds like a pretty long time...
  • And let's be clear on this: the 7 4* characters outside of Devil Dino are not the only ones we're going to see. Hulkbuster will probably be 4*, and he'll be out in a couple of weeks. If it isn't he, it'll be someone else. So a semi-regular 4* cover award system isn't going to ruin Christmas.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    hexad_2808 wrote:
    i could do with a monthly 4* gauntlet

I have suggested this before. You get x amount of time to complete the gauntlet, finish it, get a cover. Perfect solution.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Renaldoo wrote:
    ...which is far more reasonable than the 1-1.5 year timeline we are on right now.

1-1.5 year timeline for maxing a 4*? What the Tiny Kitty have I been doing wrong? My best 4*'s are my 2/3/4 X-force, my 1/5/2 Devil Dino, & my 2/3/2 Fury. I've never sold off any 4* and I'm on day 456. To compare I've got 20 3*'s with 13 covers, and by the end of the Simulator I'll have one more.