Unearned victory

Spiritclaw
Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
I just received a victory I didn't earn. I was stuck waiting in an area with wi-fi, and even though i hasn't participated in my mobile account, i decided to play a bit of rocket and groot.

Long story short, i finished number 5 of 19.

Not that i mind the windfall, but I'd suggest it would be more fair to split existing brackets into even and odd rather than creating a new bracket entirely. Moving from 2 to 1 or 50 to 25 isn't as egregious as finishing 5 of 19.

Comments

• Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Not sure of your intent with this post. I saw what you posted, I know what happened. It seems like you don't want things like this to happen.... To that I only got to say:
    you_ok_bro__by_youokbroplz-d58vomv.png
  • Spiritclaw
    As i said, i don't mind the windfall. Just wanted to take the opportunity to suggest a fairer system.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    so no one else can get one....
  • Spiritclaw
    You can still get a windfall under the system I'm suggesting, but instead of being incredible and vanishingly rare, it would be more common and less extreme. If you're sitting at rank 150 in a pvp when your bracket splits, you'll suddenly move up to 75. You're now set to get a 3* cover you might've otherwise missed, but at least you put in the effort to get to 150.

The performance I described was probably bottom 10% effort for a reward I wouldn't have earned if I'd played hard all week.
  • They already try to keep multiple brackets open to address that, though it's always possible to get lucky. I mean, suppose you keep 2 brackets with 250 people open (room for 500 each), and you just funnel people evenly to those two. So you can move people just fine for newcomer #1 to #500, but what happens when the 501st person joined? He has to be in a new bracket. And if you open a new bracket earlier such that the #501 guy doesn't get lucky, then whoever opened that new bracket is going to be the lucky guy.