Why so extreme?

2»

Comments

• Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I don't quite understand why the developers not just post a poll about their ideas of the ability changes & let us gamers vote to see positive/negative feedback towards the probable alteration. Just like a focus group. Ultimately they have the final decision, but a feedback from their player base is not a bad thing plus offer them some insight.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    They nerf characters to the ground so you will buy new characters to use instead.

Too bad they don't realize that by doing so they've driven away more players than will stick around to buy the next thing to be nerfed.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marty17 wrote:
    I don't quite understand why the developers not just post a poll about their ideas of the ability changes & let us gamers vote to see positive/negative feedback towards the probable alteration. Just like a focus group. Ultimately they have the final decision, but a feedback from their player base is not a bad thing plus offer them some insight.

Because the players on here don't want a balanced game, they want a game where they have an advantage over their peers. So they vote for the characters they don;t have to be nerfed and for teh characters they do have to be buffed.

People were claiming X Force wasn't overpowered even though he was in pretty much every 600+ team in PvP. For some reason they were putting him in their teams even though apparently he had all these weaknesses and was appropriately powered.

When faced with that kind of either dishonesty or delusion from your playerbase, why would you look to them for feedback?
  • Ludaa wrote:
    It takes less than a day for some of the people here to breakdown the latest "Unknown's" skill set into Great/Mediocre/Quicksilver.

Hats off Ludaa, he made me laugh and spit out my food.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:

Because the players on here don't want a balanced game, they want a game where they have an advantage over their peers. So they vote for the characters they don;t have to be nerfed and for teh characters they do have to be buffed.

People were claiming X Force wasn't overpowered even though he was in pretty much every 600+ team in PvP. For some reason they were putting him in their teams even though apparently he had all these weaknesses and was appropriately powered.

When faced with that kind of either dishonesty or delusion from your playerbase, why would you look to them for feedback?
    Eh. Isn't that kind of player behaviour a direct result of this game, whereby the primary ways to progress are PvP-based?
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Heartburn wrote:
    what if nick fury had 7k life but his yellow was a life model decoy ability that trigger once guarenteed and required 10-15 yellow ap to recharge its use

Decoy would be cool and fit in with one of his best known tricks.
  • X-Force was overpowered, I think everybody agrees on this. The problem is people bought X-Force covers for that very reason. Nobody is going to buy the current nerfed X-Force. The sell price is horrendous, and while his black is still elite he has become a sunk cost. So what am I going to do now? Buy PX & Kingpin covers? Of course not. One, I don't have most of them because they haven't been given out in the daily rewards like X-Force was and two because I don't trust the development team to keep them at their current abilities and they will most likely be decimated in a couple months. Meanwhile, 99% of the feedback is being ignored. How is a consumer supposed to have any confidence in this current business model?
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    what is the significance of the post showing as green?
  • Druss wrote:
    what is the significance of the post showing as green?

Just shows it's hit a positive rep threshold (25 or more IIRC)
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    does this actually influence anything though?

for instance, flagged to the developer to read? (we can hope!)
  • Druss wrote:
    does this actually influence anything though?

for instance, flagged to the developer to read? (we can hope!)

Not as far as we know unless a mod has some insider information. I think it's just there so, if you are scanning a thread, you can stop on green posts and give them a read cause they might be valuable.
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Very good post here from all of you, the health boost is again all over the map, they have absolutly no clue what they are doing. The health thing as to be revised without a doubt. RIDICOULOUS D3, RIDICOULOUS. icon_mad.gif
    And Prof x needs a pink nerf, you can last for an hour with that stupid invisible thing... icon_lol.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    I must say, pushing out the health boost right before Simulator PVE, which pits players against crazy-scaled toons from their own rosters, was quite the crotch-kick. Thanks, devs.

They're very good at crotch-kicks. Remember, these are the people that buffed 3* Thor for a week directly after nerfing 4* Thor permanently.