Game account lost = 480 game days down the drain

Options
Since my game started saving on the wrong Facebook account, I tried restoring it and I followed this method, provided by D3's own support staff:

The first option is for you to unlink the data on your end, by following these steps:

- Please Force Close the game.
- Make sure you are logged out of the Facebook app on your device and the native integration on iOS and Android devices under Settings>Facebook.
- On a computer or separate device, log into the Facebook account that you want to clear the backup data from.
- Click on Games>Apps>Marvel>Settings>Remove.
- Launch your game, then log in with the desired Facebook profile.

You should not have an overwrite, but if you do, let us know and we can restore it.

This effectively made all my game progress vanish into thin air, so DON'T ever use this method!!! Ever. icon_e_sad.gif

I don't even know what happened. One minute I had all my game progress on my phone and the game was running just fine, the next minute when I clicked "save backup to Facebook" and logged in, the game restarted from the beginning again and all my progress was totally gone. All I can do now is to sit here and look sad while my excellent season ranking in the top 10 goes down the drain. Bye-bye to those 2-3 10-packs I would have won eventually... icon_cry.gif

The only thing I can do now

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Customer support can still restore your save to your device/Facebook. Reply to their email to you and tell them that you followed their instructions and this is what happened.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had this happen to me. They were able to take care of it, but it took about 2 weeks because they ate slow in getting back to you after your reply.