Topics I think need addressing: ISO-8 and Prizes

Various38
Various38 Posts: 101
Okay, I'm not a complete veteran like some, but I have seen a bit over the past almost 200 days of playing. I have a few concerns about gameplay, but I will break them down into sections. This section is about ISO-8 distribution in the game. Let's begin....

1. ISO-8 only being gained as a 20 pt replay prize is a bit weak. It should be based more on what the level of your characters are. I.E. if the node is labeled as trivial then ISO gain should be at a minimum level.

2. ISO-8 should be given even if you lose the match. Of course, you won't get nearly as much as winning, but you should get something for at least playing the match. Maybe, this is where the 20 should go.

3. Number 2 leads me to this point. Grinding is non-existent unless you want to play over 1000 matches per day. 20 ISO does not get you anything once you are out of 1* level 1 land.

4. ISO-8 as well as all other prizes should be given out randomly. Let me clarify. This means there are 4-5 main prizes to get from each node, but after that you may get a prize of a recruit token or something lesser since we all know that standard tokens are for the most part just 100 ISO when you pass the 1* threshold.

5. From number 4, you can then branch out to service a bit more people by allowing certain win conditions allow you to get some extra loot. An example of this would be to beat a level 25 goon squad with a 1* team and get 10% extra iso for winning. This helps promote diversity in rosters by allowing those lower tiered characters to be played.

6. Purchasing ISO-8 with real money should yield more ISO than what is given. I know you have to make a profit, but I never wanted to purchase ISO because it never looked like a good value to me.

7. Drops should be better managed also by maybe making the main prizes non-ISO driven and distribute the ISO in the win criteria.

Any suggestions that other forum members may have are welcomed. I have thought a lot about the topics I'm going to present in this little series, but I have not thought of everything because I'm not perfect.

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ, Simulator, Lightning Rounds, PVP. Those address ISO-8 sufficiently enough. If you're grinding for 20 ISO a fight, you are not doing either one of those things.
  • Various38
    Owen, you are completely right. There are various ways to earn I so, but the grind can be dull after a while. I was suggesting a change in how much I so is given per win, win condition, loss, etc. That is to help promote more variety in gameplay without the need to rewrite much of the game. This change would be similar to a lightning round drop in all modes.
    I also think that standard tokens should be added to the drop and shifted from the prizes. I will address the token suggestions I have at a later time though. Back to the event I so from PvP events. That is good for two star transitioning players but I just thought that pve players could benefit from the structure too. Also, it may help vets feel they are doing something meaningful other than just thor4/xforce-ing through matches.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I understood where you were going with that and what you wanted. The thing is, the cover drops in PvP after a win and DDQ were actually introduced for this very exact reason. This was a complaint previously they had to address somehow.
  • D3 has always had completely crazy prices on Iso-8. I've sometimes been tempted to buy Hero Points. Never been tempted to buy Iso-8, even though I need it so much.

Raising the iso amounts and also lowering the prices would really boost the sales. It's all about MICRO transactions, after all, but D3 seems to think they earn more on a few MACRO transaction whales rather than luring all players to spend a few dollars every now and then... icon_e_confused.gif
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Seriously.... event de HP are not worth buying. Fine if some folk shell out hundred after undred of dollards... but if you pay 50$ in HP, you don't even get a full 3* character. You can buy a complete game for 50$ normally... if the reward was worth it I would have paid, but right now, paying over 300$ for an iPhone game... no thanks, I'll stay free and slow progression.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    In reading the OP I was struck with the realization that the 20ISO door-prize for repeating PVE nodes should probably be the reward you get for losing a PVE node - never the prize you get for winning.

Layer this on top of other comments I (and others) have made:
    1 - PVE prizes should be awarded with the 'good' prizes given out first before we move to the door prize. Door prizes should only be awarded after all 4 of the 'good' prizes are gone. With 8-hour refreshes on 24-hour subs I am often still not able to get all 4 of the "good" prizes out of PVE nodes before they are gone. That shouldn't happen.

2 - (OP says this one too) Node difficulty could stand to be factored into the size of the door prize. 20 might make sense for a 'trivial' node, but for the 'excruciatingly difficult' and 'suicidal' nodes something better is likely in order. (What do you mean nodes don't go that high - mine nodes go up to '11')
  • Various38
    In reading the OP I was struck with the realization that the 20ISO door-prize for repeating PVE nodes should probably be the reward you get for losing a PVE node - never the prize you get for winning.

Layer this on top of other comments I (and others) have made:
    1 - PVE prizes should be awarded with the 'good' prizes given out first before we move to the door prize. Door prizes should only be awarded after all 4 of the 'good' prizes are gone. With 8-hour refreshes on 24-hour subs I am often still not able to get all 4 of the "good" prizes out of PVE nodes before they are gone. That shouldn't happen.

2 - (OP says this one too) Node difficulty could stand to be factored into the size of the door prize. 20 might make sense for a 'trivial' node, but for the 'excruciatingly difficult' and 'suicidal' nodes something better is likely in order. (What do you mean nodes don't go that high - mine nodes go up to '11')

Faustian, I agree with both of those points. The big prizes should be given out first definitely in PVE since replaying the node lowers the score and it's on a refresh timer. The other point seems logical to me. If I'm playing a "Deadly" node and happen to win, then I would like to get more than a pat on the back.

Does anyone have a link to the original post that this issue is mentioned? I couldn't find it through a regular search.