Featured character sales

Options
The poll by made Bigtaf (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27721) on purchasing covers got me thinking. Will it be worthwhile to give a discount on the cost of covers for a featured character during a PVP or even PVE event? Will that increase the sales of HP and the consumption of HP? It does not have to be a massive discount, like a 10% or 20% might be enough to tempt transitioners to purchase covers.

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I could see it being worthwhile since that would also allow the player to progress faster. The question is how much does D3 value cover purchases with HP. I have long thought the price of covers have been pretty high (2500 HP for 4*!!!) and that they seem to want you to drop HP on the cover packs instead. Unfortunately the price of cover packs are also high and you really can't get anywhere without a decent team of characters to begin with. I really do wish that more people who are transitioning would focus on just a small set of characters first instead of dumping HP into packs that they need roster slots for.
  • You're right, buying 10x and 42x packs is a vicious cycle. Most of the vets will tell you not to buy packs and only buy the 13th cover that'll make the character viable. When the possible iso cost reduction for levelling was mentioned by the devs, it made me immediately want to level my characters up. So I have a feeling that if the cover costs for featured characters get discounted by a certain percentage, it will have a similar affect on the mind.
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Options
    I could see it being worthwhile since that would also allow the player to progress faster. The question is how much does D3 value cover purchases with HP. I have long thought the price of covers have been pretty high (2500 HP for 4*!!!) and that they seem to want you to drop HP on the cover packs instead. Unfortunately the price of cover packs are also high and you really can't get anywhere without a decent team of characters to begin with. I really do wish that more people who are transitioning would focus on just a small set of characters first instead of dumping HP into packs that they need roster slots for.

I'm just curious, is there anyone out there where buying packs was a turning point in your team's destiny? It's always struck me as such a poor chance of reward for a really high cost. I guess if you're a "whale" then you could buy multiple packs without batting an eye, but even then...