Match Making is borked still, here is a suggestion to fix it

Unknown
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have scaled back my playing a lot (just doing the Dead Pool Dailies currently,) and have been playing a number of other games, one caught my eye, Marvel Contest of Champions.

It has a PVP system where you play against the computer controlled player teams, and it has progression rewards, and placement rewards.

What it does not seem to have is a system where you loose points, and a broken match making system.

Basically each character is ranked by strength (not sure how it is calculated). and each team has 3 characters.

You select the team you are going to use, then you are presented with 3 choices with one of their characters showing. Starting with easy teams, and progressively ramping up. Once you chose you are locked in.

For points the higher the team rating the more points they are worth if you beat them. if you do beat them then your score multiplier goes up. if you loose then you loose the multiplier.

One other change is the characters regain their health instantly but have a stamina score (only one battle per character).

Now why couldn't MPQ have a similar system?

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    I think if D3 were to roll out any change based on player feedback from here, the forums, it would validate the theory that we, the forum community, can make this game better than they can (or have).

When is the last time they listened to anything we have recommended?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    I think if D3 were to roll out any change based on player feedback from here, the forums, it would validate the theory that we, the forum community, can make this game better than they can (or have).

Shield cool down mid season
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:

I remember they implemented shield cooldowns. Everybody hated it. We said "OK but at least make it less than 8hrs for a 3hr shield because that's just dumb".

It still remains 8hrs across the board today.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

I remember they implemented shield cooldowns. Everybody hated it. We said "OK but at least make it less than 8hrs for a 3hr shield because that's just dumb".

They were going to add then mid season, forum response convinced them to wait
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    mjh wrote:

PvE Refresh timers.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    mjh wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

They were going to add then mid season, forum response convinced them to wait

Not to mention it was an idea born on the forums.

How about not making Alliances cost HP to upgrade? Fix for forum complaints implemented by the developers. Lest not forget that they decided to make it completely retroactive after forum complaints.

Time Slices? Or how about that time they changed the time slice intervals based on forum feedback?

How about PvE Refesh Timers? Totally not a response to forumite complaints about feeling like being a slave to the game.

What about that time I wrote up a six or seven paragraph post about CS giving out tokens for compensation? I don't know about you, but I haven't seen any complaints about it since.

I foresee many downvotes lol
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    mjh wrote:

Making Kingpin alliance rewards for top 100 instead of top 50

changing most recent MMR (still sucks)
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    And let's not forget the new format of 'get all the points and play at your pace,' in addition to (finally) getting a survey asking about time slices.

I just want a 24 hour clock, pick my hour, and go. I could even handle two hours. But I'm repeating myself.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Dude, what is up with the thread necros lately? First one from late 2013, now one from April 2015... Stahp it!!
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    What about when we complained that im40 was broke and they fixed him based on forum feedback?

Or what about when we asked for double iso event and then we regularly got one (iso brotherhood)