Unfair Daken vs Daredevil

It takes 9 reds to put a trap with daredevil, but only one turn of anyone doing a single green alignment to defuze it if the foe team got Daken !!

Seriously guys ?!?!?!?! icon_evil.gif

Comments

• I agree his trap tile is far too easy to disarm, but for a bit of balance 5 in purple against daken teams can be pretty powerful
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I agree, it's a balancing act between the two. Honestly a pretty interesting pair of opposing forces actually.

Daken's Purple is one of the best counters for Daredevil's Red.
    Yet Daredevil's Purple is one of the best counters for Daken's Purple.

If you are using Daredevil against Daken, don't fire off Ambush as soon as you have the AP for it. Wait till you have at least one if not more red matches ready to go before you cast.

During Thick as Thieves, I used Daredevil for a particularly hard node against Daken, Hood, & ... someone else, I honestly forget. Got enough Red for Ambush, waited till I had two red matches lined up (one above the other that the lower would cascade.) Cast Ambush, it appeared on the lower potential match. When I matched the lower one and activated the trap, before the cascade resolved the trap changed location to the upper match. Since I was targeting Daken, the 2x personal match dropped enough damage to kill him outright. icon_lol.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree his trap tile is far too easy to disarm, but for a bit of balance 5 in purple against daken teams can be pretty powerful
    Just like with Elektra, the devs seem to think that a character having one situationally irrelevant ability is "good design"
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    I agree his trap tile is far too easy to disarm, but for a bit of balance 5 in purple against daken teams can be pretty powerful
    Just like with Elektra, the devs seem to think that a character having one situationally irrelevant ability is "good design"

The relative ease that Daken (and Blade) has being a counter for Elektra's red power is probably one of the leading reasons why many people prefer to build Elektra purple/black.