Why Sabretooth can be the new XFW

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited April 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Sabretooth (Classic) star.pngstar.pngstar.png
item108571.1.jpg
I'm thinking: ~9750 HPs.

yellowflag.png Eviscerate 8 AP. 1100 DMG. that leaves a recurring counter tile eg Torch / Blade. This tile is an indication that you are bleeding out. Suffer 300 DMG and convert one tile to red. Fully covered, convert 2 tiles to red per turn and increase damage to 400.

redflag.pngstrike.pngstrike.png Feral pounce. 10AP. Sabretooth pounces and deals 1500 DMG in three volleys, allowing him to potentially attack multiple enemies.

blackflag.png Thrill of The Hunt. Passive. Sabretooth takes pleasure in guttin' you, boy. If an Eviscerate attack.png tile is in play, Sabretooth heals 500 Health per turn. If two or more Eviscerate tiles are in play, Sabretooth generates one yellowtile.png and one redtile.png per turn.

406px-Sabretoothe.jpg

I'm going to eschew the typical picture per attack, because Marvel Artists never show him doing actual damage. His clawing is more off-camera than 90s Wolverine's claws in the cartoons. They just draw a silly leap or a "claws back". They never show him eviscerate someone. Even when he does, it's not drawn. See below

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/70453/1496485-psylockevssabertoothuxm328_2.jpg

That URL details how viciously Sabertooth effed up Psylocke. If you follow Uncanny X-Men 328 and subsequent Crimson Dawn issues, she's bandaged from torso to chin.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the multiple pounce, how about a SG type thing, multiple countdown tiles, one pounce for each, or a full pounce per turn when all 3 are on the board, % of damage if 1 or more of the pounce tiles are matched away.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And that'd be my question to the artist at Demiurge, who does all this artwork. How do you come up with something Marvel has avoided since they created Sabertooth: Him actually attacking or doing damage?

There's absolutely no poses of him actually following through. You only ever see him rear back or lunge forward.