Wil they fix the drop rate of prizes in pve?

I am running through the last mission of the current pve to win the recruit token/ 500 ISO. Unfortunately I am pretty unlucky and only win 20 ISO 8/10 matches.
I read somewhere that after you win each prize , it get replaced with a 20 ISO. So if there are two prizes left, you have a 50% chance of getting 20 ISO. This is pretty ridiculous when considering that I may have to replay the same
event more than 4 times to win a prize and none of the events are easy.
Kinda of disappointing to receive only 20 ISO after all my effort to beat strong characters.

Will there ever be change in the chances of winning a prize?
I like to grind but this isn't a grind and not fun.

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Are you saying that beating a nearly level 400 team of Juggernaught, Bullseye and Daken and then receiving 20 iso and a level 40 Juggernaught team up is somehow..inadequate? Your ingratitude is appalling to say the very least! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I read one of the devs once said that your odds of getting one of the remaining prizes increases each time you play and get the 20 iso, so eventually the odds get high enough that you have to win the remaining prize, but then it resets and if you have one more prize to get you have to get lucky or build your odds up again.

I have never understood the logic behind that. Play 4 times, get 4 prizes. How hard is that? Why make it a grind? Are the "prizes" really that great? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • As I understand it, you actually have a 50/50 shot at 20 iso or one of the listed prizes EVERYTIME after the first time, not just when you are at 2/4. So at 1/4 you have 50% 20 iso, and then 50%*33% (so 1/6 really) of any remaining prize. It is kinda a broken system predicated on the idea that you clear in 3.5h intervals, or 4 times in a row on the old PvE system.

If any change were to be made, the best system IMO would be either no 20 iso's until green check, or average the value of all prizes and make the nodes worth that much in a single prize, and then everything after that is 20 iso. Maybe the front ones give recruit tokens, maybe the back ones give 500 iso, and maybe 1 or 2 nodes on the map give Event tokens. (And completely destroy the crit boosts, those things are worthless).
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I read one of the devs once said that your odds of getting one of the remaining prizes increases each time you play and get the 20 iso, so eventually the odds get high enough that you have to win the remaining prize, but then it resets and if you have one more prize to get you have to get lucky or build your odds up again.

I have never understood the logic behind that. Play 4 times, get 4 prizes. How hard is that? Why make it a grind? Are the "prizes" really that great? icon_rolleyes.gif
    If this is true, that part has been undermined by 8h clears. Again, the system seems to have been designed for 3-5 clears in a row at 8h intervals or for 3.5h clearing both of which no longer apply.