Some tile questions

Apologies I searched and didn't find answers for any of these things I was wondering about normal game play-

1.) Friendly Strike Tiles & Enemy Protect Tiles- if you are making a match that includes one of these- does it include or exclude it's effect? IE If I make a match that includes one of my strike tiles- does the extra damage of said strike tile inflict on the match before it disappears? And the same for enemy protect tiles- if I match them does their effect count into it or does it negate it?

2.) Web Tiles- just wanted to make sure that they don't do anything other than get utilized by Spiderman's Web Bandages or All Tied Up? IE I dont think it acts like a charged tile or anything just wanted to confirm it's basically useless except for those 2 powers.

3.) Is there ever an instance where friendly trap tiles are overwritten by friendly tiles? IE I've noticed when using daredevil and Daken, Daken's Pheremone Rage won't overwrite a Daredevil Trap tile. Is there ever a time when a friendly tile WILL be overwritten by a friendly power?

4.) Strike + Attack Tiles- does the strike tile compound over multiple attack tiles or just add a single qty of extra damage to the collective attack tiles? IE If I have (2) attack tiles with 10 strength, and (2) strike tiles with 10 strength- does it damage for 30 pts or 40?

5.) Strike Tiles plus Deadpool's "A Little off the Top"- its clear they effect his power- but is it compounded before or after the % off? IE currently my Deadpool takes 35% of life with max. 1498 damage. If I have say, a strike tile worth 10- does that make the max. damage 1508 and the 35% remains the same, or does it damage for 35% max 1498 and then an additional 10?

Just things I've been curious about! Thanks in advance for any answers!

Comments

• DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    1) The tile's effect is included, so you can indeed get one last bit of damage out of a matched strike tile or get blocked one last time by an enemy protect tile.
    2) You are correct, they do nothing else. Though there are more abilities than those 2- Venom's and Bagman's powers also utilize them.
    3) Not sure on this one, though I'm pretty positive that you can't overwrite your own trap tiles. Pretty annoying when a Diabolical Plot blocks an Inferno!
    4) All attack tiles are treated as one instance of damage, and then the strike tiles get added on to that. (Otherwise Storm star.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.png would be pretty OP.) So with 2 strength 10 attack.png and 2 strength 10 strike.png you would do (10+10)+(10+10) or 40.
    5) I'm fairly positive that the ability first picks which instance of damage to do (35% or the cap) and adds the strike.png damage afterwards. So if the cap was (hypothetically) 1000 and the 35% was (hypothetically) 1005 with a strength 10 tile, the ability would do (1000)+(10), not increase the cap to 1010 but then do only 1005 (because that is now less.)

Hope that was all informative!
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    ddvrom wrote:
    Apologies I searched and didn't find answers for any of these things I was wondering about normal game play-

1.) Friendly Strike Tiles & Enemy Protect Tiles- if you are making a match that includes one of these- does it include or exclude it's effect? IE If I make a match that includes one of my strike tiles- does the extra damage of said strike tile inflict on the match before it disappears? And the same for enemy protect tiles- if I match them does their effect count into it or does it negate it?

For both strike and protect tiles, they are included in calculating the damage when they are matched, but not in any cascades after it.

2.) Web Tiles- just wanted to make sure that they don't do anything other than get utilized by Spiderman's Web Bandages or All Tied Up? IE I dont think it acts like a charged tile or anything just wanted to confirm it's basically useless except for those 2 powers.

Venom's black also uses webbed tiles, if there is more than 6.

3.) Is there ever an instance where friendly trap tiles are overwritten by friendly tiles? IE I've noticed when using daredevil and Daken, Daken's Pheremone Rage won't overwrite a Daredevil Trap tile. Is there ever a time when a friendly tile WILL be overwritten by a friendly power?

I've seen 2* Ms. Marvel's yellow overwrite my stike and protect tiles. It might overwrite traps, I haven't used her with a trapster.

4.) Strike + Attack Tiles- does the strike tile compound over multiple attack tiles or just add a single qty of extra damage to the collective attack tiles? IE If I have (2) attack tiles with 10 strength, and (2) strike tiles with 10 strength- does it damage for 30 pts or 40?

It is additive.

5.) Strike Tiles plus Deadpool's "A Little off the Top"- its clear they effect his power- but is it compounded before or after the % off? IE currently my Deadpool takes 35% of life with max. 1498 damage. If I have say, a strike tile worth 10- does that make the max. damage 1508 and the 35% remains the same, or does it damage for 35% max 1498 and then an additional 10?

I haven't calculated this, but I believe it takes the 35% and then adds the strike damage.

Just things I've been curious about! Thanks in advance for any answers!
  • awesome thanks y'all.
  • I've heard that Prof X Invisibility tile will overwrite Doom's purple traps.