I need a new team: HELP!

Options
TheHood
TheHood Posts: 107
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Now that Thor and Wolverine have been nerfed, I need to find a new good starter team, because there isn't affinity anymore between W&T.
My roster is:
- AXM Wolverine lv69 [5/3/3]
- Classic Storm lv64 [5/4/4]
- Ares lv61 [4/2/4]
- Thor lv59 [5/5/3]
- Original Black Widow lv54 [3/5/5]
- Iron Man Model 40 lv51 [2/3/2]
- Ragnarok lv41 [3/1]
- Jaggernaut lv40 [5/5]
- Doctor Doom lv38 [2/2]
- Daken lv30 [5/4]
- Classic Spider-Man lv30 [1/1/2]
- X-Force Wolverine lv30 [1/0/0]
- Captain America lv22 [3/5/5]
- Iron Man Model 35 lv20 [5/5/3]
- Hulk lv15 [4/0/0]
- The Hood [0/2/0]
- Wolverine Patch lv15 [1/1/1]
- Classic Magneto lv15 [0/0/1]
- Modern Hawkeye lv12 [5/5/3]
- Modern Storm lv11 [5/3/5]
- Modern Black Widow lv11 [5/5]
- Magneto Marvel NOW! lv6 [3/0/4]
- Bullseye lv6 [2/1]

So, now Ares is better than Thor, should I play Wolverine AXM - Ares - OBW or C. Storm??
Wolverine Patch is a really good pg? Should I try to get his covers and level up it? Or should I focus on some other pg, like IM40?
Help me please with some advice icon_e_confused.gif, I really need a new team with good affinity.

Comments

• Even with the changes I still think Thor, Wolverine and OBW are a great 2* line up. And if anything Thor has even more synergy with Wolverine now that his Yellow throws out so much green. I would just keep doing what you are doing, try and win some 3* covers here and there and start to move to a 3* team as and when you can.
  • Yeah I think you should go ares, OBW and Thor. IMO the synergy between ares and Thor is better. Ares is tankier and has a great offensive skillset (very damaging yellow and green). His red is good too. Overall to me, ares seems like the best offensive 2* atm
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thor was not nerfed, he was redistributed, if you have a 5/5/3 Thor, then yes, he was nerfed as 3/5/5 is the better build now, Wolvie was nerfed, not so much his green and red as those were also redistrbuted, but the strike tile damage nerf and the healing nerf have hurt his value a bit. I hope they change the yellow to allow healing on any yellow tile match, not just below 50%, I think that would be more fair and strategic.
  • You're not the only one needing a new team. Wolv**/Thor** was a popular overpowered combo for a lot of folks.
    I'm aiming towards a team of Storm**, Magneto**, and initially Ares** until I grab enough covers to make (ideally)Hood or (close second)IM40.
    I was super impressed by the Magneto***/Hood combo in the current PvE event. The board constantly changes and cascades because of Magneto's 2ap tileclearer, and Hood just keeps draining AP. That won't be a combo that lasts, however, once more players filter up to the third tier; there's gonna be tons of cries for nerfs. And seriously, a 2ap (tinynuke and) tileclear is ridiculous.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Options
    Thank everyone for the answers!:)
    I've kept on with Wolverine-Thor-OBW but they don't work well anymore, probably because my Thor is 5/5/3.
    Now the best affinity I find is Wolverine-Ares-OBW, and also Wolverine-IM40-OBW team works quite well (IM40 is for tanking and earn AP with his yellow skill).
  • I'll keep my recommendation to two person simply because a whole mess of tournaments requires you to use a fixed third person.

Wolverine still goes well with OBW. This is still the supreme offense pair for 2*, though they're also likely the least threatening defense pair as well. This is a matchup that is also hard counter against itself, so expect anyone running Wolverine + OBW to attack your Wolverine + OBW without fear since OBW gets destroyed when the opponent can target her first.

Thor needs to be used with someone who has a strong green, or you shouldn't bother using him. In theory you could have 5 in green so that he's got a passable green, but I don't feel Call of the Storm is enough to make me fear him.

Thor hard counters Patch on offense. Thunder Strike completely destroys Berserker Rage and they take roughly equally long to reach, since the AI doesn't priortize on any particular color and goes second, and you can still sort of pump yellow if it looks like Patch is going to beat you to 9g before you hit 12y. Note that this does not work in the reverse situation, as in Patch has no problem attacking Thor (because they can easily see if you've Thunder Strike ready or not and just wait it out if you do).
  • Ares is really good 4/4/5 and you have him at 61 anyway.

5green only reduces AP by 1 and 5red increases the hp min from 25% to 30%

his green and yellow are his best attacks and he is crazy strong in boosted events especially with a healer/ap stealer.
  • Rather than post a new topic, it seems best to just hop onto the end of this one (if that's ok, TheHood).

My roster is as follows:
      Thor 85 (5/5/3) GSBW 65 (3/3/4) Mags** 61 (3/5/5) CapAm 60 (3/5/5) AXW 60 (5/4/2) CStorm 55 (5/5/3) Ares 50 (4/1/5) Punisher 43 (3/1/1) ASpider 40 (2/0/4) Doom 38 (3/0) IM40 35 (3/3/3) OBW 30 (4/5/4) Hawk** 30 (3/4/3) XFWolv 30 (1/0/0) MsM 25 (5/2/3) Rag 25 (2/0) Hulk 25 (2/0/0) Loki 20 (3/0) Hood 20 (1/1/1) Mags*** 15 (0/1/0)

I don't have as much time to play as I'd like, although I've managed to be semi-competitive on some of the boosted events since the game first launched on iOS.
    OBW is the obvious contender to max next, but after that I'm stumped. This is not an easy game if you don't dial in early what your A-team is, and it's safe to say i've wandered a bit!