mmr twilight zone?

Options
So ppl like walkyourpath (or whatever..I just see walk and path and gloss over the full name..sorry..lol) were complaining about reaching a certain point threshold in the elite tourney at which point everyone you can find magically turns into a low lvl worth 1-3 points if you are lucky. Well, I just hit this point in the punisher event at around 860, so it is not contained just in the elite, which means there is either:

1. An error in the code.
2. Error just with a select few ppl (doubtful)
3. Poor programming that needs to be remedied due to trying to allow low lvls to find high lvls.
4. A messed up but purposeful false threshold of achievement created to cause more money to be spent.

Can a dev comment on this? Luckily I got into first by 2 pts and still have 2 15 pts or so ppl qued up so I might be okay for first...but now I don't even have the option to get ahead using hp sink shields as there is quite literally no bloody way I am spending 50 ho to risk losing points in order to gain 1-2 pts. Personally I think they broke it when they made the new update somehow ...buuut...we will see I guess.