Broken promise from D3P Customer Service

Options
BigMao
BigMao Posts: 117
edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
At the start of this month, I posted a complaint and submitted a Customer Service ticket because I paid $100 for five Thunderclap covers which were nerfed a few hours later. I merely wanted my Hero Points to be refunded so I could spend them on something else. On the forums we're not talking about the Rag nerf anymore, clearly there are more recent changes to discuss.

However, what hasn't changed is D3P's silence on my customer service issue, for which they promised to get back to me two weeks ago. I figure D3P Customer Service has forgotten about me, because as far as they are concerned they have my money. Lesson learned for me - but I'm not going to get fooled twice, or continue to use a product from a company that doesn't respect their customers. I am not such a glutton for punishment, so I quit (it's been 2 weeks since I touched MPQ); goodbye.

My last response from D3PCS:
Sent: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:01 pm
To: BigMao
BigMao,

Sorry for the (very) delayed response. You should have an updated ticket, but I wanted to respond to you directly as well (this will mostly cover the same points in the ticket).

The unfortunate part of my answer is that the development team is still looking into what can be done to support those in the community. Since this is a change that impacts all users of the character (some feel it a positive change, others negative), the development team wants to make sure that they address this issue in a way that does not make those that were happy with the change feel that they are being treated unfairly. As the decision that is made on this issue may impact how future character changes are rolled out as well, it is important for them to make sure they come up with the best possible solution.

The other thing that has come from this issue is an attempt to be more transparent in the future. You may have seen the announcements posted recently regarding planned character changes, as well as a post detailing the changes to Invisible Woman (including why those changes were made). This is an attempt on our part to give users a bit of a heads-up to changes that are coming down the line regarding popular characters, as well as an attempt to help players understand why we feel those changes will benefit the community.

I am very hopeful that we will be able to post an update to the forums in the next few days that outlines all of the details mentioned above (as well as the details I am not able to provide at this time).

Thanks

Comments

• That response seems very generic and cut/paste. Nowhere does it address your specific issue. And frankly, if I received a response like that after blowing $100, I'd be pissed off and they'd be getting a very snarky reply from me. And not in a wise-cracking web-headed bag man manner.

Personally, in my dealings with D3 customer service, I've been very satisfied. I've had two issues with them and in both cases I got quick responses and they seemed friendly and personal, geared toward my specific issue. One of my issues spread over 2+ weeks, mostly because of my failure to reply promptly, with about 6 emails back and forth. I felt like they were sincerely trying to help. This was back in November. It seems that since then customer service has become a bit more slack. They seem to be very busy with patches and updates (waste of time? icon_rolleyes.gif ). And I assume their player base has also grown a lot since those early days. They likely haven't increased their CS department to correspond with that growth, either because they're cheap or because they have other priorities. Unfortunately, customer service is a very important priority that shouldn't be pushed to the side. And they're likely going to lose some of that new player base because of it.
  • So they ignored your request for a refund, did not make any attempt to apologize (except for taking a month to get back to you-lol) and puked a bunch jargon back to you?! My experience has been poor as well. Customer support is anything but.
  • Business in the most shadiest form.

No wonder marvel lent this game to a 3rd party publisher. Otherwise if this becomes a major issue they can simply say "we apologize, but we never had a hand in making this game, its d3 fault not ours"(counting the money)
  • I'm curious to know which users of the character found the changes to be positive? Strange sort of logic for people to enjoy something which is far inferior to what they invested in originally.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    I'm curious to know which users of the character found the changes to be positive? Strange sort of logic for people to enjoy something which is far inferior to what they invested in originally.
    Maybe it's the QA people with a third power?
  • 45372105.jpg
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Would a dev like to answer to this?
  • If this is how D3 treats a person that drops $100 on this game, imagine how much they care about the majority of their playerbase that are actually F2P
  • I wonder how successful a class action lawsuit for deceitful practices would be...I know we are limited due to the ToS, but I wouldn't think it's impossible...
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Word of mouth warning new players and hounding the forums would do more damage
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    I wonder how successful a class action lawsuit for deceitful practices would be...I know we are limited due to the ToS, but I wouldn't think it's impossible...

And it's super easy to get a refund from google play or iTunes Store when shady practices are implemented follow by poor customer service. You can almost template a successful refund request form that will work across all freemium games.
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    I wonder how successful a class action lawsuit for deceitful practices would be...I know we are limited due to the ToS, but I wouldn't think it's impossible...

And it's super easy to get a refund from google play or iTunes Store when shady practices are implemented follow by poor customer service. You can almost template a successful refund request form that will work across all freemium games.

Care to elaborate? I have blown 4 figures on this game and would like to follow that route...PM is fine...
  • BigMao
    BigMao Posts: 117
    Options
    I would put some time into figuring out how to get a refund of my actual money. D3P Customer Service had plenty of time to respond to my concern and they seriously let me down. If you can point me in the right direction, let me know! icon_idea.gif