Who's on top?

Options
Trilateralus
Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I've seen a lot of people commenting on how they aren't able to make their usual placement with all of the recent changes. My question is who's filling those spots? If you're not able to make top 100/50/etc. someone is, so who benefitted from all the changes? Who's on top?

Comments

• Elite alliance members exploiting the pvp system. Nothing has changed there...
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yup, hardcore alliances coordinating shield hops, boosts, etc., are still topping 1k. If they weren't, D3 would quickly see the terrible system as about no one would ever get that high--hell, even if just because you don't find opponents worth anything amd everyone on the bottom can target you.
  • I'm on top of yo moma. icon_eek.gif

Com'on you were all thinking it too! icon_twisted.gif
  • The problem is not that much about making top 5 or 10, it's about how you get there.
    In other terms, except the top teams that coordinate excellently and manage to go to 1300+, my experience is that everybody else is lagging waaaaay behind. All in all progression rewards are much more difficult to get and it's much more painful to climb altogether.
    I used to get to 1000 almost each and every time since they lowered the 4* to 1000. Now I can go to 800 with the same amount of shields (but more time invested). Even if there were enough people with high enough scores for me to target in order to get to 1000 (there aren't) it would cost me much more than before, both in HP and time.

So yes, it is possible to have changes where everyone loses. I might still be able to make top 5 (just did with the DD event), but not only is it a chore but on top of that I don't get the progression rewards I used to. Even for the top scorer out there who managed to maintain their overall score, I'm sure things are also more complicated as the general ecosystem is less rich in points.
  • In traditional PVP, the top players had a routine. Get to this point level. shield. Get to this point level. shield. etc.
    And they placed about the same each PVP, with a reasonable flux expected.

Now, whoever grinds the most wins. You can't get as far with just 2 shields anymore, and it is becoming whoever shield hops the most efficiently/luckily gets the top placements.

PVP is eerily similar to PVE with these new MMR changes. You have to continue playing and hopping and playing because your score is never safe unshielded.

Personally, I used to be able to sit comfortably at 700 to 750 unshielded without hemorrhaging points. Now, it starts happening at 200 points. They **** MMR matchmaking so bad by making everyone a target for everyone else from the second you start playing.

So, while some people are on a budget with HP, other people are not.

The latter group is taking the spots of the former players who are not willing to spend the massive HP to keep pace in the shield hopping wars.