Concerns about the HP changes

Options
hesjingixen
hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, forgetting all the others changes coming, I wanted to specifically talk about the HP changes. First off, I agree with their original sentiment. Many heroes were paying a "penalty" in terms of max HP in exchange for really good powers. GSBW was probably one of the prime examples. However, when you increase the HP of everyone, WITHOUT increasing damage, what you end up with is longer matches. Longer matches, in turn, makes having a tank more important, since you need someone to mitigate or absorb that extra damage. Unfortunately, for most of the tank characters, they increased their HP not at all, or very little. The end effect is that the damage characters now have HP comparable to many tanks, so the tanks don't stand out as much. I think they really need to increase the HP of everyone by approximately the same %, or instead of the problem being characters over-penalized on their HP because of their powers, the problem will become characters that are over penalized on their powers because of their (now marginally) better HP.

Additionally, it seems clear from the characters effected that they just went "okay, everyone at X HP now has X+% HP" instead of examining them on a case-by-case basis. Does anyone really think that Black Panther needed more HP? He already saw a lot of use. I feel largely the same way about Cyclops, sure he was LITTLE on the low side, but it didn't stop people from using him. Blade is in about the same camp as Cyclops.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think hey are trying to slow down shield hopping and tighten up the leaderboard in PVP. If you notice Hood did not get a health buff and he was already very squishy, but if you at shield hopping he makes everyone so much faster. By giving everyone, but him more HP matches will go longer and players will hav to use more healthpacks on him. He will still be targeted first when he is on D and it will feel a lot easier to kill him at 5k health than a stronger opponent at 8-9k.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The devs are like teenagers from the 90's **** around with 40 equalizer switches on their stereo systems. These hp changes are the death knell of the game. Now with the insanely **** scaling in pve and the extra thousand of hp **** characters like buffed Juggernaught and Bullseye and Daken are going to have... Imagine your worst time you ever had playing one of the **** Heroic events for a new cover and multiply that un-funness exponentially. And PvP? ****-ing Ruined! Be lucky to score 400-500 points. Their whole shtick is to slow this damn game down to a crawl WHEN EVERY SINGLE **** PERSON IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE ENTIRE **** WORLD WANTS TO GET IN THE FAST LANE AND MOVE!!! The devs do not listen to their customers/fans/audience/whatever and they offer no hope anything will get better. This is how games die.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    I think the extra health will actually mean stun and defensive tiles will actually become useful instead of using xforce + hood/loki/Thor and the featured character. I really enjoyed playing with Daredevil in this pvp, using the red trap power along with the billy club stun. Also with this health buff, I'm looking forward to dusting off GSBW and do some sniping.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    However, when you increase the HP of everyone, WITHOUT increasing damage, what you end up with is longer matches.
    And just think how they'll even be longer after they nerf the hell out of character everyone's been using.

"Longer matches" is clearly their agenda. I guess shield cooldowns didn't do enough to eliminate shield-hopping, so extending matches is their next way of taking a whack at it.