Does anyone care about Shuma Gorath?

Options
Basically, Capcom cares more about Shuma-Gorath than Marvel does but I love him. Any thoughts on if he'll make it in game?

I don't know if anyone else even remotely cares about this character, lol.

Here's what Capcom did with him: http://marvelvscapcom.wikia.com/wiki/Shuma-Gorath/UMvC3

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was going to say, "Not unless we're talking Marvel Vs Capcom". He strikes me at Marvel's Starro.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I admittedly know nothing about the character outside of all the many Marvel vs Capcom games he's appeared in. I always just assumed he was some Cthulhu-esque thing from beyond.

Still, his presence and movesets in MvC show off some great possibilities and reasoning for inclusion in MPQ someday. He does seem like a pretty powerful villain.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    double post
  • No in general and especially in mvc2...NO. icon_lol.gif (i'm aware hes in mvc3 but that game isnt worth fully acknowledging)
  • I admittedly know nothing about the character outside of all the many Marvel vs Capcom games he's appeared in. I always just assumed he was some Cthulhu-esque thing from beyond.

Still, his presence and movesets in MvC show off some great possibilities and reasoning for inclusion in MPQ someday. He does seem like a pretty powerful villain.

He's very powerful, but like I said Capcom likes him more than Marvel does(he's only appeared a handful of times), he rules the Chaos dimension and hundreds of others. As with many other characters, he's unstoppable in his own dimension(didn't see that one coming icon_rolleyes.gif ) and may not be able to be killed.

Compare him to Dormammu or C'thulu etc.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    He's very powerful, but like I said Capcom likes him more than Marvel does(he's only appeared a handful of times), he rules the Chaos dimension and hundreds of others. As with many other characters, he's unstoppable in his own dimension(didn't see that one coming icon_rolleyes.gif ) and may not be able to be killed.

Interesting -- thanks!! Upon reading more about him online, I question how well he'd fit into the existing roster (even though I'd love to see him in here). He does seem to be more of a gigantic extradimensional threat, and less of the tentacle-slappin' brawler that I enjoyed in so many Capcom games icon_e_biggrin.gif

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... engers.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ori ... orath2.jpg
  • raisinbman wrote:

Interesting -- thanks!! Upon reading more about him online, I question how well he'd fit into the existing roster (even though I'd love to see him in here). He does seem to be more of a gigantic extradimensional threat, and less of the tentacle-slappin' brawler that I enjoyed in so many Capcom games icon_e_biggrin.gif

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... engers.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ori ... orath2.jpg

Not that this is the most-story heavy game, but if they really wanted a reason why he wouldn't just instantly KO everything they could say he's only at a fraction of his power since he's out of his dimension or something. I mean when we have gods(Thor/Ares/Sentry) vs Bag-man, power-level doesn't really factor in

Gameplay wise, I'd just like to see him mess with the board with his chaos powers and tentacles
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Shuma-Gorath

Reality alteration (10 Blue)
    Stuns enemy team 1 turn and creates a random purple 2 turn countdown tile. While on board, countdown tile allows friendly non-matching swaps as turn. Deals XXX damage to target when activated.
    Stuns enemy team 1 turn and creates a random purple 2 turn countdown tile. While on board, countdown tile allows friendly non-matching swaps as turn. Deals XXX damage to target when activated.
    Stuns enemy team 1 turn and creates a random purple 3 turn countdown tile. While on board, countdown tile allows friendly non-matching swaps as turn. Deals XXX damage to target when activated.
    Stuns enemy team 1 turn and creates a random purple 4 turn countdown tile. While on board, countdown tile allows friendly non-matching swaps as turn. Deals XXX damage to target when activated.

Telepathy (12 black)
    Converts a selected basic black tile to a critical tile. Heals XXX.
    Converts a selected basic black or blue tile to a critical tile. Heals XXX.
    Converts a selected basic black, blue or green tile to a critical tile. Heals XXX.
    Converts a selected black, blue or green tile to a critical tile. Heals XXX.
    Converts a selected tile to a critical tile. Heals XXX.

Aura-pressure (20 Green)
    Deals XXX damage to enemy team. Deals additional XXX damage to target if there are two critical tiles on the board. Downs target if there are four critical tiles on the board.
    Deals XXX damage to enemy team. Deals additional XXX damage to target if there are two critical tiles on the board. Downs target if there are four critical tiles on the board.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shuma-Gorath

Stuns enemy team 1 turn and creates a random purple 3 turn countdown tile. While on board, countdown tile allows friendly non-matching swaps as turn. Deals XXX damage to target when activated.
    Stuns enemy team 1 turn and creates a random purple 4 turn countdown tile. While on board, countdown tile allows friendly non-matching swaps as turn. Deals XXX damage to target when activated.

That is sorta what QS blackflag.png does, without the stun.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Shuma-Gorath

That is sorta what QS blackflag.png does, without the stun.

I guess I worded it wrong, I meant swapping of tiles beside one another like a normal move but the result of the move does not have to match or generate AP... like freezing time... and since the other team is stunned one turn, you're sorta free to build something for the following move.