Another PVP thread/gripe/frustration

Options
Does anyone know how the PVP matchmaking is actually supposed to work?

I just spent the last hour and about 2000, yes 2000, ISO8 trying to find a team that I would even have a chance of competing with. It was the Daredevil PVP event, and with DD being a mandatory character in my team, the highest combined level team I could field was 70+154+101=325. The average team I was seeing as an option to attack was 270+166+166=602. That's the average. Sometimes I would see a team with total level around 500 and as high as 750+. Now, if those are the teams that I'm actually supposed to be facing at my rank in the PVP, so be it, but when I checked the team that was in the lead in my group, his max team would have been ~400 level, and the teams 3 places above and below me would all have had teams compatible to mine.

It's just really frustrating to have to spend more time finding a team I can play that actually playing the game itself.

Comments

• Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    But...they gave you DPD, so you can't complain about spending iso!

Customer support told me the MMR was meant to being balanced teams together, but it is a work in progress. I would seriously love to hear the coding logic behind all this. As far as I can tell, the only ppl facing somewhat balanced teams would be those with fully maxed rosters. They might not like it, since takes longer to climb, but at least they can play.

I spent a long time skipping for matches too, and eventually just gave up. I really hope they get it fixed, and find a way to make up for lost progression. Most people missed out on a lot of event rewards, amd the season is way under where it normally is, too.
  • The comment about the ISO was to demonstrate how many times I had to skip: 2000/10=200 skips without finding a team I could challenge. I know 2k ISO isn't anything at this point.
  • If what you're attempting to do actually worked you'd just be losing your points even faster from all the guys who are 200 points below you that can still defeat your team easily, as they'd find you by the same method you're using to try to find an opponent but there are probably way more guys at even lower points than you as a % of the overall population.

People are way too easily intimidated by numbers. The number 270 only has meaning because it's on X Force, and it's the fact that it's X Force, not because he happens to be at level 270, that makes him intimidating. After next Friday the number 270 will mean considerably less than it used to do, and it's not like most people haven't figured out that X Force is a lot stronger than everyone else at this point.
  • Been pointing this out last few days. I'm a 94 roster and can't PvP at all really. Trying to transition but between the joke of PvE and the absurd change to mmr (funny how after Heavy Metal which was a more fair matching mmr they removed it immediately and left this joke mmr keep running because everyone is too busy fighting the xforce nuke instead of PvP) I'm having my 2 worst PvP scores since I started the game....

They don't care.

@Phantom read closer. 94 roster hitting 166+ wall after seed teams. No reasonable expectation of winning. Heavy Metal was fair. We climbed fighting +/- 40 levels. Nit 166+ walls.
  • Baddkitty
    Baddkitty Posts: 67
    Options
    2 fights in with nothing but 94s on my roster, I hit 166 wall. Stupid. Thanks for locking us out of pvp. I tried fighting a few teams, fully boosted...still got annihilated.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One word: INCOMPETENT !!!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,036 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Been pointing this out last few days. I'm a 94 roster and can't PvP at all really. Trying to transition but between the joke of PvE and the absurd change to mmr (funny how after Heavy Metal which was a more fair matching mmr they removed it immediately and left this joke mmr keep running because everyone is too busy fighting the xforce nuke instead of PvP) I'm having my 2 worst PvP scores since I started the game....

They don't care.

@Phantom read closer. 94 roster hitting 166+ wall after seed teams. No reasonable expectation of winning. Heavy Metal was fair. We climbed fighting +/- 40 levels. Nit 166+ walls.

its not just max 94 roster hitting this my team

ARES 88
    wolf 81
    hulk 78
    cy 77
    elrkra 77
    daken 74

play 150 pts and then 3 star or better 166 teams.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Everyone below 166 feels your pain and some AT 166.

If it makes you feel any better, when they changed the rules existing players took it in the neck too. The logic USED to be get 2 characters to 166 as fast as you can and you can hit the top 100 pretty much every time. This would give you an slow pool of 3*s coming in consistently. Now they changed it so that if you have a 166 you are the bad guy and you face the worst they can find from fight 4 on.

I'm not even sure what the best leveling practice is anymore given this logic.
  • AnonymousMPQ
    AnonymousMPQ Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Azoic wrote:
    Customer support told me the MMR was meant to being balanced teams together, but it is a work in progress.

Work in Progress in my profession means, do not roll out into production...