Hostile Takeover - Apr 12 - 15 - Season XIII

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
Four in a row. Same worries about dates and countdowns, if they're wrong, please let me know.

Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.png
2-5. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_thor.pngyellowflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png
6-10. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_thor.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png
11-25. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_thor.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png
26-50. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_thor.pngredflag.png
51-100. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, icon_thor.pngredflag.png
101-200. 500 iso8.png, icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png
201-300. 250 iso8.png, icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png
401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 All Boosts redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
200. icon_blackwidow.pngblueflag.png
300. Recruit Token - Hostile Takeover
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. 1000 iso8.png
575. 25 imcoin.png
650. Recruit Token - Hostile Takeover
725. 50 imcoin.png
800. icon_magneto.pngblueflag.png
850. 1000 iso8.png
900. Recruit Token - Hostile Takeover
950. 1000 iso8.png
1000. icon_kingpin.pngblackflag.png

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png, icon_thor.pngredflag.png
3-10. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_thor.pngredflag.png
11-25. 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_thor.pngredflag.png
25-50. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_thor.pngredflag.png
51-100. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_thor.pngredflag.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Ending Time Countdowns

Slice 1
Slice 2
Slice 3
Slice 4
Slice 5

Comments

• thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    hostile takeover is actually a good name.

i was thinking that since most people will be using the loaner cover and the black is so cheap, they could have named it "Give You the Finger", or some derivation. would be more in keeping with the mmr lately.

anyhow, i dont need thor red so mini vacation from grindy pvp. good luck all. looking forward to all the 290 lazy thors in the next pvp icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh look, the best cover is the hardest to get. Lmao.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone know if the matchmaking is better or is it the same bull **** from the last 2 events where it's seed teams and then 166/270 wall?
  • Seed teams followed by the wall. But at least there seem to be a lot of loaner Kingpins in there.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cayasha wrote:
    Seed teams followed by the wall. But at least there seem to be a lot of loaner Kingpins in there.

Per Will a couple hours ago, they've loaded a live change which should fix that.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,036 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Cayasha wrote:
    Seed teams followed by the wall. But at least there seem to be a lot of loaner Kingpins in there.

Per Will a couple hours ago, they've loaded a live change which should fix that.

where do you see that info
  • I've gotten a ton of defensive wins on this one. I think having a Kingpin with no black is a massive advantage, since X-Force is free to use Surgical Strike.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Cayasha wrote:

where do you see that info
    Check the first page of the Versus Matchmaking Change thread. It's at the very top with UPDATE next to it.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone noticed something different in this tourney? I'm sitting just below 600 points without shield with 1 day remaining and not getting attacked. Just like I was able to before they changed the matchmaking. Maybe people just played enough in this that the point equilibrium was set higher.
  • I was able to get to 800 without shielding, and generally find valuable matches all the way up. Something definitely shifted with this one's match-making.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best PVP in quite some time. Good matchups, may get the 650 recruit token for the first time! Going for a top 25 ( need thor green pls).

Transitioning, still do not have a solid roster yet, but this PVP is enjoyable! Yes i am getting attacked, but i am able to make the points back up easily once i have health packs. Not costing too much iso to skip to a fight i want, and have not once run into a fight worth under 20 points.

Good job on this one! (even if i do have to use the loaner lol)
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had good luck in this one as well - I decided to push for 800 for that final blue Classic Magneto cover I needed, and managed to get there with two shields. I think that's only the second time I've ever broken 800 in a tournament. I mainly used 166 Lazy Daken/ 166 Blade / loaner, and mixed it up with 166 Patch / 166 Lazy Daken / loaner.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Trying to reach 1k for that Fisk black cover I'm missing. but very little luck finding targets worth more than teens.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,036 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jumped with 1 hour and 5 mins left. had 298 people in my bracket... ended with 360 so the brackets are filling slowly.

seems they might fix it. 467 pts came in 69th BUT attacks did 35 and 52 pts of damage and could only hit back for 12 ?

was running out of matches when i ran out of time (might got 1 to 2 more matches in before slamming into 3 star wall)

we got what 6 events left or 5

Friday sunday tuesday friday sun so 5 (there is only 10 events this season thogh theer was 11)

season is 1800 so i doubt i make the 4000 this time.. say i can get 800 in shid.... 2600

1400 / 5 280 per .... so there is still a chance if the did not mess it up though i would had around 2200 right now 3000 after she. meaning only 200 per event
  • since they said they 'fixed' PVP I tried PVP the old fashioned way(especially since I didn't need the rewards) - although I saw some ridiculous matches I was able to skip into more doable, point-worthy matches. Ended up top 100 with 600~ points, didn't get attacked too heavily. Good stuff.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They got the MMR right this time. Best PvP of the season!
    More of this devs!
  • i dunno whats going on today, but i'm about to hit 200 points and im still fighting all seed teams icon_e_biggrin.gif

since the pvp changes usually i do 3 seed fights then hit the 166/270 wall
  • PUM_SPAK
    PUM_SPAK Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Credit where credit is due... Good job, Devs! The matchmaking was markedly improved for Hostile Takeover. It was challenging, but in a fun way - not overwhelming like the last two PvP debacles. I posted critical comments over the weekend, but this was a major improvement that deserves praise. I still fell short of the top 100 (107!), but I was battling hard until the end.
  • PUM_SPAK
    PUM_SPAK Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Jumped with 1 hour and 5 mins left. had 298 people in my bracket... ended with 360 so the brackets are filling slowly.

Pardon me for singling out this post, but can someone tell me how to view the number of people in a given bracket? Is this information knowable before you join an event time slice?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PUM-SPAK wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Pardon me for singling out this post, but can someone tell me how to view the number of people in a given bracket? Is this information knowable before you join an event time slice?
    You enter the bracket at the very bottom. That's when you find out how many players are in that bracket. You can't know in advance, you have to hope for the best.