Prof. X and X-Force after hit point updates

Options
Renaldoo
Renaldoo Posts: 114
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
How will Professor X and X-force be "better" than, say, 3* Thor after the update? Are they're abilities really that much more potent than most 3* abilities, to the point where they cost 3 times as much to level up, and they have less hit points? I don't understand. I would assume that 4* characters should be at least somewhat more powerful than any 3*, but I don't see how this will be the case for Prof X or X-force.

Comments

• Professor X will 100% be better than 3*s, especially his most comparable 3* of Falcon. Professor X and KK are going to hang out in dive bars together and then roll out on his hover chair to beat the tar out of enemy forces with giant fists and floaty heads. Doing 3k damage and gaining stupid green for 8 purple and then bashing the enemy team for 3k damage making shields and attacks that can then be buffed while you collect more purple? Absolutely yes. Professor X is a perfect example of a 4* support, and may likely get the new #1 rank of any character poll that might happen after the changes.

XF after the change... he might be considered worse than Thor. Maybe. SS is going to do tons of damage still, 6,000+ on average for 11 AP, but it's not sustainable in a long game. You now have to use SS as a finisher on the guy with the highest match damage, because you aren't getting that AP to shake the board with C.Mags or XF now to repopulate it with the right colors. Combined with the green damage nerf and XF becomes pretty awful vs Goons and PvE in general, and probably worse than 3* Thor at PvP. Definitely worse than 280 boosted Thor and Patch, that's for sure.

Also 80% of the outrage for Iron Fist was "but turn two Surgical Strike!" and now that's super impact softened. I would not mind if IF still had his old purple right about now.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    X-Force Green is superior to Hulks green in that it costs less and destroys more tiles as well as deals more damage. X-Force Black will typically do damage on par or better than Cyclops without needing to jump through nearly as hoops or having a personal drawback like stun. This says nothing about the benefits associated with cutting off your AI's primary AP colour from the board and the benefits of board shake. X-Force has true healing to compliment his 10,000 health. So while your 3* Thor eats up a health pack every couple matches it's entirely possible to play XF for hours worth of matches without spending a single pack.

Xavier is a powerhouse in PvE and has potential to play a role in PvP. Invisibility alone can win you matches you have no right to win. His purple falcon boots is FAR superior at 4x238 vs falcons paltry 3x94. His purple triggers on EACH Xavier match and so it can easily ramp up quicker and more reliably than Falcons.

Xavier also breathes new life into characters that saw very little play (at least in my roster). He pairs wonderfully with Spidey and a tile generator (** Daken, ldaken, pun, psylocke, juggs and possibly best with Gamora). You run these teams against the toughness scaled nodes and have a strong chance at victory. Saving your more valuable characters and health packs for other modes of play. I'd say this alone makes him worthy of being considered more powerful than a 3*.

Whether any of this is worth the cost of 3x the resources to level up is a matter of opinion. 4*'s are better (in general) but they are no longer mandatory. If you want to stay in 3* land forever than you'll have a reasonable chance at the best covers and rewards this game has to offer. Bad news if your goal is to always chase the carrot of power creep. Good news if you enjoy growing your collection but don't want to spend a ton of money to keep up with it.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I'm definitely skipping PX nodes from now on. Even if they aren't particularly dangerous (which they can be if the board doesn't like you), the amount of time it takes to dig out that invis tile is just ridiculous, and liable to get you double tapped in the amount of time it takes you to finish him off.