We do expect answers.

Options
Arctic_One
Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I find it a bit odd that when a vast amount of people are debating parts of the game that, D3P chooses not to step up and set the record straight as quickly as possible. If my company ran that way I honestly do believe we couldn't survive. As much has been going on as of late, they really should be making daily posts (possibly more frequent in the cyber-world) to try to rescue they're reputation. I know from experience that whether or not a group of people agree with your decisions or direction, it is always well received when open dialogue is established.

Comments

• bknfoodie
    bknfoodie Posts: 53
    Options
    People tend to overreact to changes. Behind the scenes, I'm sure they are listening to everyone first before gathering a response. I also believe they make changes accordingly. ie. Prof x nerf before release. I don't agree with their upcoming changes. But, I think people need to post constructive criticism or vote with their wallets. You have guys like Colog publicly not agreeing with changes but in game, he always pays for the newest character. He's just one example and also the extreme. PVE players that complain about scaling and burnout, just don't play. I don't even play PVE anymore because of how ridiculous it is. They need to expand rewards to accommodate new influx of players.

Someone did post their estimated revenue in another thread. But the graph shows that over the past weeks with the new characters, it looks like they increased revenue. Vote with your wallets if you don't like their changes.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ok, so this was what used to get to me as well. And I wrote many times on this forum saying that everything would be better if the Devs would just come out and say the obvious! But, I've since come to realize that they simply can't talk to us about everything. Go to the Spoiler thread to see the exciting ideas that the Devs would probably love to talk about right now, but simply can't. What's more, the Devs can't pretend to have a grand vision for the game in a mobile market that is brutal and always evolving. I mean, they may have an ideal version of the game in their heads, but real world stuff probably forces them to make many compromises.

Maybe X-Force and other 4* characters were intended to be what veteran players wanted them to be, but it simply backfired financially. You don't expect the Devs to discuss these game changes and how they relate to their financials, do you? They won't. The Devs only put themselves at risk by declaring their motives behind every change. So, ultimately, I'm very impressed by the amount of communication that we do get around here.
  • Arctic_One
    Options
    I intentionally did not add to this post whether I agree or disagree with any part of the game. I am simply stating that there is an issue within their customer base that needs to be addressed publicly.
    This is their source of income. Their car payments, their vacations, their college and retirement funds. I am just hoping they understand negativity tends to snowball at a much greater rate than praise ever can.
    This is a source of entertainment to me. I enjoy it a lot more than not and, I hope for it to remain this way. The players are as much a part of the content of this game as are the characters.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arctic_One wrote:
    I find it a bit odd that when a vast amount of people are debating parts of the game that, D3P chooses not to step up and set the record straight as quickly as possible.
    Most of the debate seems to just be about how much the nerfs suck. The devs would answer "not so much". I don't think there's a whole lot of disagreement about their reasons or their agenda, so I'm not really clear what it is you want them to say.
  • Arctic_One
    Options
    If that is what they want to answer with then, answer that way. Right now, there is no answer. That is my only point. The masses are speculating. In time perception becomes reality.
  • Dter
    Dter Posts: 22
    Options
    I fear the effect of all this negativity, last time i was playing a game that underwent this drastic an overhaul and the devs ignored the forumites most of the Top guilds changed their names to something reflecting the problems i.e. mmr sux / unnerf X/unbuff Y/slow power creep, sad to say the only response we got was that it was for the health of the game, needless to say vets stopped spending and the game lost players, about a year later the game shutdown because people weren't spending the vets that stayed didn't want to(with a few exceptions) and new people didn't need to because they reached competitive status early (T25 equvalant in two months of play) or quit thinking they never would be (top rewards always went to vets with equvalant of all characters max covered and leveled)

I really hope MPQ doesn't go this way and they fix any over adjustments by next month and maybe expand and add new rewards as a way to keep and grow transitioning and new players instead of alienating vets to the point they leave the game.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bknfoodie wrote:
    People tend to overreact to changes. Behind the scenes, I'm sure they are listening to everyone first before gathering a response. I also believe they make changes accordingly. ie. Prof x nerf before release. I don't agree with their upcoming changes. But, I think people need to post constructive criticism or vote with their wallets. You have guys like Colog publicly not agreeing with changes but in game, he always pays for the newest character. He's just one example and also the extreme. PVE players that complain about scaling and burnout, just don't play. I don't even play PVE anymore because of how ridiculous it is. They need to expand rewards to accommodate new influx of players.

Someone did post their estimated revenue in another thread. But the graph shows that over the past weeks with the new characters, it looks like they increased revenue. Vote with your wallets if you don't like their changes.

why would they have to expend the rewards its always been brackets of 1000. so you odds of a prize if there are 10k or 100k people are the same (person wise)
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ...D3 quickly edits EULA to say expect no answers.
  • Dter
    Dter Posts: 22
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    bknfoodie wrote:

why would they have to expend the rewards its always been brackets of 1000. so you odds of a prize if there are 10k or 100k people are the same (person wise)

150 out of 1000 getting good rewards doesn't encourage people to stay, 2*character progression/placement rewards are essentially worthless now(you can get 2* covers faster from pvp/tokens from storyline)
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wouldn't mind an answer on just how much more powerful the dev team expects 4*'s to be over 3*'s and likewise 3*'s over 2*'s?
  • bknfoodie wrote:

Just fyi, Colog is no longer buying Starks, he's no longer cover-maxing new characters asap, and he's settling for top50 instead of top5 in PvE moving forward. So he is voting with his wallet and his playstyle. Hopefully, other whales are following suit, because we know that nothing we say matters to the devs unless their bottom line is affected.
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Options
    I agree its for good of the game.. Lots got nerfed many getting boosted.. If you play any games online it happens.. Feel bad who invested but I don't have many xf or 4hor covers but guess what?! There's many more characters to use!!! If you jump ship see u later less competition..

A lot of you used Xf as a crutch for easy victories.. I see then trying to keep it balanced.. Cry me a river vets LMAO see ya!!
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Go to the Spoiler thread to see the exciting ideas that the Devs would probably love to talk about right now, but simply can't.

Umm,,maybe i'm missing it - can someone post link to the latest spoiler thread?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    iLL619 wrote:
    I agree its for good of the game.. Lots got nerfed many getting boosted.. If you play any games online it happens.. Feel bad who invested but I don't have many xf or 4hor covers but guess what?! There's many more characters to use!!! If you jump ship see u later less competition..

A lot of you used Xf as a crutch for easy victories.. I see then trying to keep it balanced.. Cry me a river vets LMAO see ya!!

The future of the forums, folks.