The Iso-8 reduction won't make things easier

Options
cletus1985
cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
On the surface reducing Iso-8 costs for leveling characters sounds great and I'm personally not upset that I'm not being "compensated" for the Iso-8 I've already spent on characters (those levels have already helped me earn more).

The real underlying issue here is that it will probably still be even harder than before to level your characters. Unless they actually find some way to make matchmaking in PvP "fair" there's no way to gain Iso-8 in this system reliably. LR's and Shield Simulator used to be a great source of "farming" Iso and to a lesser extent even the regular PvP. Now that matchmaking has made it one line of seed teams followed by max 3* and 4* there is no way to actually make any substantial gains. DDQ was meant to subsidize the issue, not fix it completely and PvE offers a decent gain the first time through, but loves handing out 20 Iso each pass beyond that.

So my question is where do we get the Iso to level our characters now? I'm fairly certain the reduction in cost will not even come close to the reduction in gains that has been implemented due to the new matchmaking systems, so I feel like this gesture of good will is really yet another progression barrier in disguise and the mask of cost reduction doesn't exactly hide the actual issue.

I honestly try to be positive when it comes to changes and have only recently voiced frustrations with some of the decisions they've made. It's getting to the point where I honestly am not having fun with this game anymore and that's a major issue (because I love matching 3 and playing Marvel characters), it's getting to the point where I feel stupid for putting so much time into something that was truly fun when I started just 4-5 months ago. DDQ and 8 hr refreshes are really the only 2 things that have been implemented that I can say have been very good changes since I've been around and they are 2 out of probably around 20-30. I've played every event probably a minimum of 3 times and have yet to see any new content added which is very disheartening, I went through the 2* phase where I took my beatings only to enjoy a couple weeks of PvP where I was finally over the hump just for them to install the same hump to my 3* transition roster, and they keep nerfing the best characters that I saw as the ultimate prize down to nothing (not sure what I'm trying to gain anymore).

If any of the reds actually take the time to read this I'd just like to say first off to Will, Ice, and Miles that I appreciate the beating you guys take and still come back to try and answer our questions even though I'm sure these changes are way over your heads (none of this is directed directly at you guys). Secondly change is necessary to improve and make things better, however change without direction or change for the sake of change is not necessarily a good thing. Lastly if there was ever a time to implement some new content (other than new characters) than I think very soon is the time to do it, because I'm not going to quit playing or "rage quit" over most of these changes, but if the game has become as stale for everyone else as it has for me it's inevitably doomed to see massive drop-offs in play time until it fades into the darkness as a game that used to be fun, but can no longer hold interest.

Thanks for reading my rant/opinion on this game that we love and want to see succeed, but need to see some drastic improvement to really believe it will.