nerfing... and not buying until its fixed

Options
Ok... I keep finding that when they nerf ( change powers for "fairness") it just over powers other characters. I have a lvl 77 wolverine and he is useless. The thing Is he is a 2 star ! Everyone had him at one point! So this fairness garbage is bull (same for Thor.) Now I cant win, my whole strategy is done for. Before the update today I was #2 in the punisher event. That update hit and boom I cant beat lvl 24 npcs. Now I cant win and dropped drastically. Does anyone want to start a hold on in app purchase until they fix this horrible update with me?

Comments

• They just need to undo this last patch. This supposed "fairness" is ****! It's just a ploy to get more money from players. Why raise the costs of AP? Only because if you wanna play, you gotta pay! I had to start with one star characters and work my way up. It took a lot of time and a few bucks here and there to keep the game going. I now have some high powered teams and it took three months to build it all up. Now, I lose to teams that are far weaker in tourneys. Noobs can work their way up against higher powered teams like I did. Their idea of leveling the playing field is **** since it makes your 3 star characters as weak as one stars.
  • oh my god you guys took the words right out of my mouth! my thor is worthless and my whole strategy is gone. i too worked my way up over months of playing all the time and i FINALLY got to the point where i was competing with the wallet warriors but now i dont evwn have a chance. i wanted daredevil and i was actually in the top 100 i just checked it today and now im in the top 600... worthless. i will definitely not be spending anymore money on the game and if it.doesnt change i wont be.playing anymore at all... makes me sad.
  • I am boycotting purchases as well. They are now talking charging ISO every time you skip one of the ridiculously overpower opponents in the matchmaking queue.

When I first started playing I decided it was a pocket anchor and was not gonna play but I kept at it and got a foothold in for free. The game grew on me so I decided to support the devs and spent some cash which they have now made me regret that as I fear my first instinct was the correct one. This is very unfortunate because if they were a little more concerned with the player experience and little less with trying to find ways to nickel and dime us to death the game would be so much better.
  • in addition to this I hate the fact you can see other peoples rosters. I don't want people knowing how I play and what I choose to level. That should be my concern. If you want to show the cards being played in the current tourney that would be great. Not just when you have them as opponent but clickable like the roster.

On top of this when i play another tourney the team I used in one should not be changed when defending and I choose other characters for another. This should be a local setting not a global one. Or else let me choose an overall defending team the way it is now blows.
  • I agree 100% with these complaints about this **** nerf.
    I have spent money, time and effort in making three Thors due to their cost effectiveness/damage potential/etc, and now I am stuck with garbage. I cant even win 2 matches in a row with BUFFS without it taking ages... This is absolute ****.
    If they do not fix this **** within the next 2-3 days I will just move on and uninstall this game and play Mobage's Dungeons & Dragons game, or something else...
    ~Mad
  • I agree have had fun but now I don't see the point it's cool to charge hero's points for shield but not on power ups and why did you mess with hero's powers Thor is a god not a mortal if the people that complained did not like it they should have worked harder like the rest of us did I want my hero's back the way they where and power ups for ISO not hero points it is hard enough to get good covers now it will be even harder I was planning on spending about 200 dollars in a couple of weeks when I got my taxes now I think I will spend that on other apps
  • I hate to get on the "argh, let's ****" train, but holy ****! These nerfs (which at first, and on paper sounded alright) are making this game a complete waste. I am slowly realizing that I may have just pissed three months, and who knows how much money, away. They call it "Funbalancing" and a "fairness patch," but I can't see it. A month ago, hell a week ago, this game was really the only thing I played. Now? Not so much.
  • I'm noticing a lack of reply from the team. This isn't the only "****" post either. There are several others, no reply on any of them.
  • Second Madrigorian. I cannot win matches WITH BUFFS. This is ridiculous. And it's just really insulting to have put so much time and energy into building and character for it to get trampled on. I get that hindsight is 20/20, but could the devs please just COMMIT to character builds instead of these ridiculous takebacks? Add more, powerful characters if you want to balance the game and add "more variety!" Fix the ridiculous weird system that is PVP! Don't alter THE CHARACTERS WITH WHICH WAR ARE WAGED to fix it. (Really, "alter" is generous. "Mutilate" is probably more apt.)
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Death to all 3 AP abilities!
  • knudsen
    knudsen Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I will add my voice to the other people posting for the first time. I have spent about $40 on this game and was loving it, but the new changes are killing it for me. I could handle the nerving - I like the idea of more diversity in the teams people use, even if it means a big change in my strategy. But combine that with the loss penalty and the increased costs for buffs and I can't win. I will spend money on a game that I can complete at but $0 on a game that I get smacked down by the high level players. No more in app purchases until changes are made! They need a crying emoticon...
  • Boycotting purchases as well as I agree with everything OP wrote.
    One more thing, why have they put APs that costed 200 ISO's to be worth 100 GOLD now?!
  • I just sent a lengthy email to d3 lets see if our movement is catching them by the pocketbook.
  • I understand why you'd be pissed if you put a lot of effort into leveling Thor and Wolverine before the patch, but two things:

1) everyone knew the nerf was coming
    2) Wolverine and Thor are far from "worthless" or "garbage" as people are saying. They just aren't overpowered anymore. E.g. Can you honestly say post-nerf Wolverine and Thor are any worse than Captain America or Moonstone?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry, what? You couldn't be level 24 NPCs with a level 77 wolverine? Seriously?
  • I understand why you'd be pissed if you put a lot of effort into leveling Thor and Wolverine before the patch, but two things:

1) everyone knew the nerf was coming
    2) Wolverine and Thor are far from "worthless" or "garbage" as people are saying. They just aren't overpowered anymore. E.g. Can you honestly say post-nerf Wolverine and Thor are any worse than Captain America or Moonstone?

This is why people didnt invest in Capt Zero or Moonrock... they are useless. That stuff needs to be addressed before screwing the ones that are worth playing. It is the principle of the thing. You don't screw your players and expect them to keep paying to be screwed.
  • Well Id say cap is good. Like I said I was #2 in the punisher event and my team was spiderman cap and wolverine. They revamped both of his main powers. I sold mine and haven't looked back.
  • shallat wrote:
    Well Id say cap is good. Like I said I was #2 in the punisher event and my team was spiderman cap and wolverine. They revamped both of his main powers. I sold mine and haven't looked back.

To each his own. I regularly thrash teams that incorporate spidy and captzero. Your wolverine must have been pulling the weight
  • Naw, I'm pulling well with spidy. I have very high lvl and use his yellow to heal like crazy. But wolverine was great even the 28000 iso and 500 coins
  • Just curious, now that you say Thor is worthless, what 2* char would you rank above him in terms of overall stats or utility/usefulness?