The elephant in the room

Options
tanis3303
tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, it's been glossed over a bit in the various rage quit threads, but I really wanna ask...

Now that we have no solid, quick, reliable, high damage output character to play with, we no longer need story battles vs level 300+, absurdly overpowered Ares, Moonstones, Venoms, etc, right!?

Is anything being done to address this, or are we just getting the stock "scaling will lower itself because the battles are hard for everyone" answer again, because I think we all know by now that's total bull kitty...

Comments

• tanis3303 wrote:
    So, it's been glossed over a bit in the various rage quit threads, but I really wanna ask...

Now that we have no solid, quick, reliable, high damage output character to play with, we no longer need story battles vs level 300+, absurdly overpowered Ares, Moonstones, Venoms, etc, right!?

Is anything being done to address this, or are we just getting the stock "scaling will lower itself because the battles are hard for everyone" answer again, because I think we all know by now that's total bull kitty...
    Players gonna Patchbomb

d3p gonna scale
  • What is PatchBomb?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:

There are still high damage characters, you will just take more damage per match because everything is slower. Scaling won't change, it'll come down to either who wants to spend more or who has better luck.
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    What is PatchBomb?

Patch Wolverine + Hulk. Wolverine Berserker Rage gives enemy strike tiles, their match damage procs anger on Hulk. Anger scales off strike tiles so you do 6k+ damage a turn plus cascades wiping out the enemy quickly. Downside is Hulk takes a beating.
  • Didn't Patch and Magneto (Patchneto nowadays) also carry that moniker for a while, or am I just misremembering?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jester Day wrote:
    Didn't Patch and Magneto (Patchneto nowadays) also carry that moniker for a while, or am I just misremembering?

It was Patchneto. I think it was Hulkbomb and Sentrybomb due to the speed at which they could win, Patchneto was slow but fool proof.
  • I have just mixed my monikers in a big hat then. Makes sense anyways.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Jester Day wrote:
    Didn't Patch and Magneto (Patchneto nowadays) also carry that moniker for a while, or am I just misremembering?

It was Patchneto. I think it was Hulkbomb and Sentrybomb due to the speed at which they could win, Patchneto was slow but fool proof.
    ? Patchneto was incredibly fast, a bit slower than Sentry but faster than Patch/Hulk

I thought the "bombing" moniker for some teams was because your team took part of the blast too
  • Well, I would suppose Patch + Hulk could be roughly as quick as Patchneto was. Both Patch/Magneto and Patch/Peter Parker used to be utterly foolproof. Having abused them, I am still happy that they are far gone.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    I thought the "bombing" moniker for some teams was because your team took part of the blast too

The self damage component of Anger isn't boosted by strike tiles (thankfully), so aside from the damage Hulk takes from the initial enemy attack - and you'd better hope that the enemy doesn't trigger a cascade of doom - the rest of your team is relatively unaffected. And Patch heals any Anger damage back on the next turn, assuming the enemy team isn't already dead.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Combine Daredevil and or Loki with Patch.
    If the node had a Hood or a goon feeder, you're probably not going to get the green and the black/purple fast enough before something on the other side gets off an attack that takes out half your combo.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you want fun cyclops, dare devil combo works really well. Match red and yellow. Drop DD red and then cyclops yellow to match the trap. I usually bring along Luke cage to avoid damage since I want to use this combo lore than once. You can also bring a big green user as well, my recommendation would be Khan since she can passive heal and generate cascades to match ambush some more.

I think the top defensive 3* team would be, Cage 5,5,3 Cyclops 5,3,5 IF 3,5,5. You have nukes in yellow, red,black a massive protect tile, a massive attack tile, and 2 colors to generate matches.