Feedback on new matchmaking system

I applaud your attempt to make the matchmaking a bit more of a level playing field; however, there is either a flaw in your logic or in the algorithm your using to match people up.

This is a relatively small sample size and I only have the current pvp nodes to go on.

First off my roster

My top 5 covers are:

3* Thor 3/5/5 lvl 166
4* Professor X 0/5/5 lvl 163
3* Blade 4/5/4 lvl 118
3* Daken 5/5/3 lvl 115
3* Dare Devil 1/5/3 lvl 103

Now lets talk events:

Smash Hit

I reached rank 211 and then from there:

Patch 166 / Daredevil 166 (skip)
XForce 140 / TGT 122 (skip)
Daken 2* 94 / Wolv 2* (win)
Thor 3* 144 / Daken 2* (win)
Xforce 270 / TGT 270 (skip)
TGT 270 / Xforce 270 (skip)
Falcon 166 / Panther 166 (skip)
Cage 166 / Electra 269 (skip)

At this point I am out of free skips and I cannot remotely hope to beat any of those teams

I then spent 150 iso skipping to find a team I could beat

Final Rank 91 / ISO spent 2200

Blind Justice

Current rank 244

Thus far I have spent 2240 ISO skipping teams because every team that I have seen has had a max or close to max XForce or TGT which single handedly wipes my roster

I don't know what is wrong but something is. My entire alliance is having the same problem. We are a 2* - 3* transitional alliance and there is no planet where we can beat the teams that we are being match with. The prior system was just fine for us. I can't speak for the top players, but in the current system it seems they would be the only ones able to progress.

I am not saying bring the old system back, I am merely pointing out that this one isn't working for transitional players. I NEED to finish in the top 100 of every event, because I have all of the 2* covers maxed. I cannot do that if I am constantly facing 4* teams

Comments

• Yeah the matchmaking system in use for the hulk and daredevil events in pvp is terrible. Im not al that great yet, but always get around 400 pts, 500-600 if i have time n really grind it out. Now im struggling just to hit 300. This is ridiculous! ! icon_evil.gif
  • I have been having similar issues, I don't have a single 4* or 3* maxed and every fight I've been finding have either two 3* maxed or at least one 4*. I can't even reach 300 points, at 200 the level of the opponents is already high as maxed 4*.

D3 pls, don't make it based on the average of levels (because I have quite some chars), make it based on actual level of high level chars, if my highest level is 141, what if my opponent's max level is also 141? How crazy would that be?
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    It's the same for me. Now I fall in the ** category with a couple of *** with incomplete covers so I can't really fight using them.

BUT, as soon as I off the seed team, I get bombarded by a wave of xforce/4thor 270/270 or patch/hulk 160/160, hood/magneto and so on. Basically all I ran into are maxed out *** chars or **** ones and I'm forced to skip until I find somebody at my level, either with maxed out ** chars or incomplete *** ones, forcing me to spend an absurd amount of ISO just to search for these teams.

Not saying they should bring back the old system but holy s**t, they should fix that matchmaking algorithm.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,393 Chairperson of the Boards
    traedoril wrote:
    I applaud your attempt to make the matchmaking a bit more of a level playing field; however, there is either a flaw in your logic or in the algorithm your using to match people up.

This is a relatively small sample size and I only have the current pvp nodes to go on.

First off my roster

My top 5 covers are:

3* Thor 3/5/5 lvl 166
    4* Professor X 0/5/5 lvl 163
    3* Blade 4/5/4 lvl 118
    3* Daken 5/5/3 lvl 115
    3* Dare Devil 1/5/3 lvl 103

Now lets talk events:

Smash Hit

I reached rank 211 and then from there:

Patch 166 / Daredevil 166 (skip)
    XForce 140 / TGT 122 (skip)
    Daken 2* 94 / Wolv 2* (win)
    Thor 3* 144 / Daken 2* (win)
    Xforce 270 / TGT 270 (skip)
    TGT 270 / Xforce 270 (skip)
    Falcon 166 / Panther 166 (skip)
    Cage 166 / Electra 269 (skip)

s

thats nothing my top

ARES 88
    wolf 81
    hulk 78
    cy 77
    elrkra 77
    daken 74

and as soon as i get 150 pts I slam into the 3 star 166 wall or better.

I have noone ranked above 88 and getting screwed big time.

every since playing season 300 to 350 per PVE now 200 per.
  • You're not the only ones.. Happening to me and a lot of other people in my alliance. I submitted a ticket we'll see if anything comes of it. Meanwhile we need as many people experiencing this backward mmr to state exactly what's going on so the Devs hopefully will see just how much they FUBAR'd pvp with this fiasco. Remember, Will clearly states that the whole point was to ease up on the beginners and transitioners.

One voice is swallowed by the noise; many voices become the noise.
  • Yeah seriously I'm all for harder matches but this is silly after 3 matches I'm getting nothing but maxed 3*s and 4*s I can't even do anything and my 3 highest guys are 166 Thor 140 cyclops 140 star-lord I can't even touch those 4 star teams
  • D3 could you please get your act together already in regards to the MMR and fix it? Smash Hits was a joke, Blind Justice wasn't any better and I can't even partake in Lightning Rounds as of the first three match ups, only one is even suitable for my level. PvP is horribly broken and I'm doubtful I'll even be able to reach 4000 points this season, even 3000 might now be a stretch. I guess we can write off season XIII as broken beyond repair.
  • Soooooooooo hey D3 mods, is someone going to respond to this? The game is still largely unplayable for many of us. Any info? It's very disappointing, to say the least, when an update that's supposed to fix the biggest thing making the game less fun actually makes that problem a ton worse. Not very good.