New game suggestions

517 days down the drain and I'm just not going to put up with the dishonesty and completely imbecilic changes to this game any more so I'm looking for some new game suggestions.

What are some of the games you guys have tried that would be worth switching to? I've tried Marvel Contest of champions and it was ok but I'm not to fond of constantly having to swipe the screen however I may give it another try. I used to play Marvel war of heroes but the devs were screwing that game up too. Anyone try playing that game recently and is it worth trying again.

Any suggestions?

P.S. Mods can you sticky this thread because there are probably going to be a lot of people looking for a new game icon_e_wink.gif

Cheers

Comments

• CoolB76 wrote:
    517 days down the drain and I'm just not going to put up with the dishonesty and completely imbecilic changes to this game any more so I'm looking for some new game suggestions.

What are some of the games you guys have tried that would be worth switching to? I've tried Marvel Contest of champions and it was ok but I'm not to fond of constantly having to swipe the screen however I may give it another try. I used to play Marvel war of heroes but the devs were screwing that game up too. Anyone try playing that game recently and is it worth trying again.

Any suggestions?

P.S. Mods can you sticky this thread because there are probably going to be a lot of people looking for a new game icon_e_wink.gif

Cheers
    Puzzle and Dragons
    Gems of War AKA really Puzzle Quest
  • Verno5x
    Verno5x Posts: 36
    Marvel Heroes 2015 is pretty fun and is basically a Marvel themed Diablo. I've been having a lot of fun with the game and the character roster is large and easy/cheap to get new ones. I've also been enjoying Final Fantasy Record Keeper as a diversion from MPQ when I've wanted one lately.
  • CoolB76 wrote:

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Looking for mobile or PC?

I continually get marketing email from Marvel Heroes 2015. I played it a bit last summer. Dismissed it as a mindless clickfest. I know these are just marketing emails ... but with new content, more heroes, more events, TIERED competition, it makes MPQ look piddlin'. At least they're together enough to even have email campaigns LOL

What am I doing here?

Mobile. I loved my PC but I just can't be anchored to it anymore. So much so after 5 minutes in the computer chair I'm already restless.
  • I'll second Puzzles & Dragons, for a similar game. Doctor Who Legacy as well.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Baloon tower defense. It is PVP matches last 5-10 min, and they hav not nerves any of there overpowered monkeys yet.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    For a quick easy fun pick up whenever game a lot of people are going to hearthstone I think. Should be fully available on mobile next couple weeks
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Been playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper lately. But half the value of the game is nostalgia - if you've never played some of the old school FF games, it might not appeal to you.
  • You should definitively go play that Mobage game
  • Kendro wrote:
    You should definitively go play that Mobage game

Technically DeNa as Mobage is beneath them. Squaresoft has control.

However been playing FFRK and it's actually not bad. Nastalgia of course does drive it but character wise the jp version after a year has 50+ characters and the game finishes Its first event tonight. New content coming shortly,if same timetable as jp version.
  • Kendro wrote:

However been playing FFRK and it's actually not bad. Nastalgia of course does drive it but character wise the jp version after a year has 50+ characters and the game finishes Its first event tonight. New content coming shortly,if same timetable as jp version.

FFRK actually feels like a game.Rather grindy but ok overall.

I was talking about the Marvel "card game" referenced above. I'm not sure you could even consider it a game. Which is true for most Mobage games
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Stay away from anything Dena/mobage. I used to play transformers legends, they ruined that game due to changes and money grabs that make our nerfs look like an Xforce buff that's how bad they are.
  • Kendro wrote:
    Kendro wrote:

FFRK actually feels like a game.Rather grindy but ok overall.

I was talking about the Marvel "card game" referenced above. I'm not sure you could even consider it a game. Which is true for most Mobage games

Agree anything with Mobage seems to become pure money grab and worthless over time. Including the Marvel card game, transformers and RoB.

So far (granted only been like 3 weeks) doesn't feel like them. No mobage login as it's DeNa and Squaresoft. My guess is that Squaresoft has their hands more tightly gripped on this and not just licensing like Marvel appeared to do.
  • I've been wasting my time with Outdoors Simulator, a game where I set my virtual-self outside to bask in the sunlight, whilst the real me sinks further and further into my sad, MPQ-addicted existence.

Ain't technology GRAND??

icon_razz.gif
  • I've been wasting my time with Outdoors Simulator, a game where I set my virtual-self outside to bask in the sunlight, whilst the real me sinks further and further into my sad, MPQ-addicted existence.

Ain't technology GRAND??

icon_razz.gif

I think I'm actually going to take this advice. I was thinking about it last night and a summer away from mobile games sounds like a fantastic idea.

Fishing, disc golf and drinking beer in the backyard while bbq'ing sounds way better then spending time and money on MPQ.
  • One piece treasure cruise.
    Fun game and needs strategy like this game for team match ups. Good story, weekly events and lots of characters. And best of all.. Don't need to worry about nerfs :p
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I'm having a lot of fun with spiderman unlimited. It's an endless runner with tons of spideys. It's there if I wanna play, if not, no biggie. Most of all its a quick 5 mins or less play.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Baloon tower defense. It is PVP matches last 5-10 min, and they hav not nerves any of there overpowered monkeys yet.

I guess you're talking about Bloons TD battles. If yes, they nerfed a lot (f.e. boomer, ace, mage etc.) but the big big difference is that you don't have to put any effort in getting new towers. Except for the cobra on mobile, where you HAVE to pay money, but you're totally fine without him. If I would need to compare him to mpq i would say he's something like a fury.

If they change something, you only have to adapt your strategies and since there is no real progression (and therefore none is lost with changes) that's always fun and welcomed by the community.
  • Keep an eye out for the humble mobile bundles as well, typically get several solid games for a few bucks. I see there is one up right now that looks pretty decent, but the other games won't be revealed for a couple days.
  • I thought the grid mechanics behind Puzzles and Dragons was ingenious, but the progress format was pay 2 win on iso-8. Could not stand it once I hit that paywall.

I recently took a break and tried Puzzle Kingdoms DS (which Gems of War looks to be based on?), was a good time killer. Pokemon Shuffle on 3DS was good for a short time, but really limits your amount of play to short sessions.

Have been getting into a game called King of Thieves. I'm told it's like Super Meat Boy gone f2p. The main game is distilled down to one action: jumping. Basically, everyone has a dungeon where they keep their gold and gems, and you try to go through a maze of traps, but jumping slows your character just enough such that the timing of the action affects your characters movement. The 2nd major part of the game is creating your own dungeon so that other people can't rob you, which is also pretty neat.

https://www.indiegala.com/ is decent, but not as consistently good as humble bundle.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hearthstone is great. And their timing is pretty amazing. I know it is mere coincidence, but they put out their Naxxramas update right with the MPQ true healing changes. And with the Xforce changes, they put out Blackrock mountain. It is like they know when I put MPQ on the back burner.