This would have been the better fix!

Options
wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So as the nerfs come and D3 is desperately trying to help players get to 3* land there would have been a much better solution and that would NO HOLDS BARD. For those of you who don't remember this was a HP pay to enter event that if you won got a garunteed 3* token. The problem was it was a **** prize. You did not know what 3* you would get. What D3 needs to do is first get rid of seasons and alliance rewards for PVP. Keep alliances for PVE and if you want to keep a season make it individual only and increase the progression prizes, but dump individual placement.
2nd run 2 PVP's at the same time that are both HP pay to enter. The first a 3* prize with the current reward system that cost 50HP to enter. The 2nd PVP will cost 100 Hp to enter but you can earn a 4* prize. Top 5 gets 3 covers, top 25 earns 2 covers and top 75 earns 1 cover. You can enter both if you want or just one as there is no alliance prize to worry about it is just individual rewards. What it will also do is if there is a 3* that a big time player does not need they will stick to the 4* PVP. why pay 50 HP to grind for a cover you do not need? lower level player you would see a lot less big time teams in the 3* PVP and you can keep 4* characters a lot more powerful.
Lastly D3 should just stop making 3* characters. All new characters should now be 4*. In combination with a 4* PVP to choose will keep high end players striving for characters rather than leaving like mischiefmaker did.

This is a real solution to what you are doing to the gam D3 it gives a real transition for players to strive for. Start as a 2* compete for 3* to compete for 4*. As it is now we have be a 2* grind the heck out of PVE so I can get my teeth kicked in by 3-4* characters, so you keep herding the best characters in the game saying it is to bring balance. How about just giving higher end players a different place to play where we can earn the rewards we really want? Isn't that a better balance?

Comments

• A better fix for D3, demurge or whom ever the hell is behind this disaster would have been just putting up a going out of business sign and closing shop.
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Options
    Good post but, I'm not paying to play pvp events, first it's not fun, it's a grind fest to win stuff and obligates you to play because of your alliance and now with all these char. health boost, all battles are becoming time consuming, I say get rid of 4*, lets go back to max 3 stars only and reduce char. health so battles are short and sweet, D3 is building an economy of consumtion by boosting health and we all have the real world to deal with wich is enough for all of us, bla, bla, bla etc, all that's bad with this game. PERIOD. icon_evil.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vinmarc43 wrote:
    Good post but, I'm not paying to play pvp events, first it's not fun, it's a grind fest to win stuff and obligates you to play because of your alliance and now with all these char. health boost, all battles are becoming time consuming, I say get rid of 4*, lets go back to max 3 stars only and reduce char. health so battles are short and sweet, D3 is building an economy of consumtion by boosting health and we all have the real world to deal with wich is enough for all of us, bla, bla, bla etc, all that's bad with this game. PERIOD. icon_evil.gif
    I green with the boosting of health is an issue. I feel they are trying to slow down shieldhopping. The problem with more 3* characters is the transition players who will take forever to actually get enough 3* characters to compete. By making a 4* PVP seperate you are creating the next level of progression. As it is right now in PVP 2-3* transition players are being severely crushed by vets. I am a vet and would much rather compete for a 4* prize that would be the next tier type character rather than fighting over Hulk covers. If they create a new playground for high end players with higher end prizes it is your choice in which playground you want to play. If you go to the 4* playground you will face bigger opponents. It eill be like going from the minors to the majors. The problem now is players are sent to the majors with no time in a minor league system and it is becoming increasingly unfair to them. If you don't want pay to play at least make a differnce in rewards to encourage vets instead of just nuking our characters.